Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

I pretty much agree with you too. If a card has sold for a low of $40 and a high of $60 on eBay why would I offer someone $50. They are not paying eBay fees here along with what you mentioned of getting eBay bucks. I see it as someone who wants to get a medium price without the risk of the card selling for a low price and then having to pay eBay fees on top of that. I think if you want eBay prices go to eBay. This opinion comes from someone who has NEVER bought or traded for a card to flip it. ALL of the cards I buy/trade for go into my PC. IMHO people who paid thousands of $$$'s for Jeremy Lin cards are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

...Rick

+1...I have to agree with this, as the only time I buy or trade outside of my PC is if those cards are for another trade for PC cards. I just don't sell....if my tradebait aren't trade worthy then they usually get donated or gifted to someone else that wants them. And when I buy, I go after the lowest price I can pay. My budget doesn't allow for me to spend extra not to shop around for the best price.

SCF Rewards
    Country

+1...I have to agree with this, as the only time I buy or trade outside of my PC is if those cards are for another trade for PC cards. I just don't sell....if my tradebait aren't trade worthy then they usually get donated or gifted to someone else that wants them. And when I buy, I go after the lowest price I can pay. My budget doesn't allow for me to spend extra not to shop around for the best price.

So true. If I was looking to buy a car and a commercial came on tv with someone saying I do not sell below so-and-so's price I would be a fool to do business with them. I've seen a bunch of sellers here telling buyers that "if you want eBay prices go to eBay". The shoe is on the other foot, if you are a seller and you want eBay prices than go to eBay. And when you go to eBay make sure you pay their fees. I don't see it insulting at all if a card has sold on eBay for $40-$60 and someones top offer is $35. But hey, that's just me.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I also find on here that people want to pay way below eBay prices...looking for a "homerun". It irritates me when I even state that I will not sell below eBay prices and they shoot me an offer well below eBay.

And selling it for full ebay while you have no FV fees isn't a homerun for you ?

I understand I only make X on ebay and if that is my mark, dealing with forum members is better than some random person out of millions of ebay members, is more preferable. Incentive to buy is where I go with my pricing :)

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You have very low feedback. Most won't start to deal with you until you hit the magic number 20. You also have a negative which with less than 10 feedback is worse than 10 Red Lights.

If you say your troubles were straightened out, then the site should be willing to take out your negative should your trading partner agree.

Negative feedbacks on this site are worse than Plague.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I actually told a moderator about my negative and he said he couldn't find it lol. So I don't what the deal with that is. Doesn't transferred feedback mean anything here? I mean why bother having it if it doesn't pull any weight?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see it insulting at all if a card has sold on eBay for $40-$60 and someones top offer is $35. But hey, that's just me.

...Rick

If I don't put a price in my ad then no offer would be insulting but I would never place an ad with no price so that is a moot point. If I put in a price of $60.00 then I might consider $35.00 insulting. Of course If I knew ebay prices were $40.00 to $60.00 I would never put in a price of $60.00 so that is a moot point. If I put in a price of $40.00 then $35.00 would not be insulting to me. IMO any offer less than 75% of the asking price has the potential to be considered insulting. I would never consider offering less than 75% to anyone. If you had a card listed for $100.00 and it was only was only worth $75.00 to me I might make the offer. If you had it listed for $110.00 I wouldn't make the $75.00 offer.

In the case of a $40.00-$60.00 ebay value I'd probably put it in at $50.00. Now 75% would be $37.50 but since I'd be saving ebay fees I might not consider a $35.00 offer insulting but certainly anything less than that would be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I don't put a price in my ad then no offer would be insulting but I would never place an ad with no price so that is a moot point. If I put in a price of $60.00 then I might consider $35.00 insulting. Of course If I knew ebay prices were $40.00 to $60.00 I would never put in a price of $60.00 so that is a moot point. If I put in a price of $40.00 then $35.00 would not be insulting to me. IMO any offer less than 75% of the asking price has the potential to be considered insulting. I would never consider offering less than 75% to anyone. If you had a card listed for $100.00 and it was only was only worth $75.00 to me I might make the offer. If you had it listed for $110.00 I wouldn't make the $75.00 offer.

In the case of a $40.00-$60.00 ebay value I'd probably put it in at $50.00. Now 75% would be $37.50 but since I'd be saving ebay fees I might not consider a $35.00 offer insulting but certainly anything less than that would be.

To each his own. I have never sold anything but if I did and a card sold for $40-$60 on eBay there is no way I would be insulted by a $35 offer. If you subtract the fees associated with eBay that is right in the ballpark.

As I said, I believe someone is looking to both avoid the risk of a card selling low along with paying eBay fees. I would never contact a member about a card if they state that they do not sell below eBay prices. If I did I would be a fool.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't mind selling below ebay here because I save on fees, but a lot of members don't factor in shipping costs when they make offers. One guy asked whats $3 dollars less anyways for shipping its not much. Multiply that by 10 transactions that is $30 out of pocket for postage & shipping materials.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't mind selling below ebay here because I save on fees, but a lot of members don't factor in shipping costs when they make offers. One guy asked whats $3 dollars less anyways for shipping its not much. Multiply that by 10 transactions that is $30 out of pocket for postage & shipping materials.

Very true. In my scenario I was just talking about the card itself. $3 shipping is what I would expect to be tacked on.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Just something to add to this thread is how some dealers at card shows expect to sell their cards when they price them more than 2x more than what they sell for on ebay. I mean I understand trying to make a quick buck, but where is the realism here? I live in Toronto which is almost 90% hockey collectors and that's not an exagerration. This means that anything that isn't hockey at the card shows is ridiculously over priced in the hope that the other sports fans that do frequent them want the card badly enough so they overpay for it ridiculously like I mentioned.

I see this all the time. As a collector and honest person, if I were to set up shop at a show, I would not try to make that huge a profit and most likely I would just sell my cards at a fair price. My question is why do these types of dealers even bother putting their cards for sale, when deep down inside they know they won't sell them and if they do isn't there any guilt knowing that they ripped someone off?

I saw a Brandon Belt Museum card. It was nice with a 4cl patch auto, but it was /270 and sells for maybe $20 and that's with the Giants in the world series. His asking price was FIFTY DOLLARS. I thought he said 15 at first and when he repeated again and said it had a 4 cl patch, I walked away. I was checking out his other cards a bit too and all of them were overpriced and the only stuff he sold were things from his common bin. Unreal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast