Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Next To Impossible To Sell On Here..

Is it just me? Over the past couple of days I have had offers on my Oscar Taveras Gold and a couple of other cards and they are all lower than recent ended auctions on ebay. Does it have something to do with my feedback? The 1 disputed trade that I have that was cleared up and wound up being nothing? I have no idea. It seems that people only seem to be interested in things if they pay lower than market value which makes no sense to me at all. I mean if you're not interested in paying market value for a card, why bother messaging me that you want it? A little bit frustrating there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (105)
    Country
    See penalty-man's Items on eBay

I offered you 3 pieces of string AND a wooden nickel I carved from a larger wooden nickel man. That's a pretty sweet offer for your collection.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

lol dude pretty solid there with your 1 feedback haha. nice and consistent.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm guessing that the reason they need your cards is because they are not willing to pay the Ebay price so they need to make an offer lower than that. If they are buying for PC I don't have a problem with "lowball" offers. The cards just might not be worth as much to them as they are to someone else. On the other hand, if they are looking to get it cheaper so they can make more on it when they resell it that just steams me to no end.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I'm guessing that the reason they need your cards is because they are not willing to pay the Ebay price so they need to make an offer lower than that. If they are buying for PC I don't have a problem with "lowball" offers. The cards just might not be worth as much to them as they are to someone else. On the other hand, if they are looking to get it cheaper so they can make more on it when they resell it that just steams me to no end.

This is the problem with the hobby in it's current state. Everyone is looking to buy low and sell high and it seems to me at least that there is no one that wants to keep cards for their pc anymore. My offers were more than fair and I even offered to send as goods, but with no luck whatsoever.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There can be a small price difference due to not having to pay ebay fee's.
    That said, set your price and either accept or reject, easier to window shop & tire kick here :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

There can be a small price difference due to not having to pay ebay fee's.
    That said, set your price and either accept or reject, easier to window shop & tire kick here :)

What I do with my prices is take the highest and lowest ended recent auctions and just take the average of the two so when my offers are lower than that I find it a little offensive. But it seems that this a common trend across the hobby where collectors are just looking to sell their stuff for whatever price they can.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

problem is ebay is an AUCTION...for the most part....and why would someone buy from you at the same price they could buy from a guy with hundreds of feedbacks knowing he is legit...not to mention on ebay they get ebay bucks as well..so there are a few more benefits to using ebay..in order to get an accurate average you must take every auction from that card ...not just the highest and lowest of the last month like it sounds like your doing...players get hot..insert jeremy lin...you cant just take his highest and lowest prices during the linsanity craze...you must also take into account the days his cards didnt sell for 99 cents also lol....alot of people dont understand that the true average can only be found throughout the lifetime...hence why people pay or want to pay less then ebay

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I am taking other things into consideration when it comes to the cards I am selling. The card I am referring to in my posts is an Oscar Taveras Gold/50 from Bowman Chrome 2011 and chances are his card could skyrocket next year if he makes it to the bigs. His card has also pretty steady in the $75 range for the past few months so to have a couple of offers in the $40 range is pretty insulting to be honest.

I also understand that a lot of collectors are just looking to move some of their cards for whatever price they can get, but I am not one of those people. The Taveras is one of the better cards in my collection and I am not looking to move it for the sake of moving it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

I am taking other things into consideration when it comes to the cards I am selling. The card I am referring to in my posts is an Oscar Taveras Gold/50 from Bowman Chrome 2011 and chances are his card could skyrocket next year if he makes it to the bigs. His card has also pretty steady in the $75 range for the past few months so to have a couple of offers in the $40 range is pretty insulting to be honest.

I also understand that a lot of collectors are just looking to move some of their cards for whatever price they can get, but I am not one of those people. The Taveras is one of the better cards in my collection and I am not looking to move it for the sake of moving it.

or he could trip over 2nd base and break his neck and never allowed to play again...it seems silly that you seem to be selling a card at a price that is already assuming hes gonna be the next big thing..you want top dollar then sell it when he is indeed the next big thing..not when he has the potential to be the next big thing lol...speculators dont pay above the going rate for something on the hopes he pans out...they pay cheap and hope the investment pays off..9 out of 10 times it dont...i have zero problems selling on here..but of course im not the average seller and think my stuffs worth more then it really is either...buying low and selling high is the way businesses are run...which i think is silly people always say this is my hobby, yet still run it like its their business lol..hobbies by rule are usually things people spend money on and jobs are things people make money on...but its always in the following scenatrio

theres the price you want to sell for, the price i want to pay and somewhere in the middle is the actual true value lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast