View Poll Results: Who is the worst team this year?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Panthers

3 13.04%
  • Browns

6 26.09%
  • Jaguars

7 30.43%
  • Chiefs

4 17.39%
  • Raiders

0 0%
  • Other

3 13.04%

Thread: Worse team this season?

Worse team this season?

Who's the worst team this season?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. 2bros - Exclusive 2 (2/19) - Moved 4/25
    Brownies. Can't see them being any good in the foreseeable future.
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

Based purely on Win/Loss then you gotta go with the Browns (that is who I chose in the poll). However, anybody with half a brain knew that the Browns would not be stellar this year. They drafted another QB (took him too high as well) and still failed to provide their QBs with any solid talent at WR. They used their first pick on a RB yet they have a pretty mediocre offensive line. Other than D'Qwell Jackson and occasionally Joe Hayden, their defense lacks playmakers. To be honest, other than Jackson, Hayden and Sheldon Brown, I don't even know who the rest of their defensive players are. So to be fair, the Browns started the season destined to be typically pathetic.

To me, the Eagles are a worse team than any others. Yes, they are 3-3, but if not for a missed FG by the Giants they would be 2-4 and their other two wins were by 1 point (over the Browns) and by 2 points (over the Ravens). So literally, one more FG by the other team and the Eagles would be 0-6 instead of 3-3.

Also, the offense is chock full of players with talent like Vick, McCoy, Desean Jackson, Celek, and Maclin and they have a solid Oline with guys like Herremans, Mathis and Dunlap, yet they are just 18th in passing and 13th in rushing. Throw in that they are 3rd in turnovers, 20th in yards per play and 31st in points scored and it is pretty clear that they are wasting their talent. The fact that they have the #8 ranked defense just magnifies how horrible their offense is. It also makes me wonder why Castillo was fired instead of Reid.

So for me, a team that should be winning and isn't is much worse than a team that should not be winning and isn't. For all intents and purposes, I give the Browns credit for being competitive in spite of their lack of talent. They have lost 4 games by a score of 7 or less points. In spite of all of their talent the Eagles have yet to win a game by more than 3 points and could easily be 0-6 if opposing teams had scored one more FG.

For me, the Eagles are the biggest disappointment this year and the worst team because they have the ability and talent to win and just aren't doing it.
    Last edited by duane1969; 10-24-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Based purely on Win/Loss then you gotta go with the Browns (that is who I chose in the poll). However, anybody with half a brain knew that the Browns would not be stellar this year. They drafted another QB (took him too high as well) and still failed to provide their QBs with any solid talent at WR. They used their first pick on a RB yet they have a pretty mediocre offensive line. Other than D'Qwell Jackson and occasionally Joe Hayden, their defense lacks playmakers. To be honest, other than Jackson, Hayden and Sheldon Brown, I don't even know who the rest of their defensive players are. So to be fair, the Browns started the season destined to be typically pathetic.

To me, the Eagles are a worse team than any others. Yes, they are 3-3, but if not for a missed FG by the Giants they would be 2-4 and their other two wins were by 1 point (over the Browns) and by 2 points (over the Ravens). So literally, one more FG by the other team and the Eagles would be 0-6 instead of 3-3.

Also, the offense is chock full of players with talent like Vick, McCoy, Desean Jackson, Celek, and Maclin and they have a solid Oline with guys like Herremans, Mathis and Dunlap, yet they are just 18th in passing and 13th in rushing. Throw in that they are 3rd in turnovers, 20th in yards per play and 31st in points scored and it is pretty clear that they are wasting their talent. The fact that they have the #8 ranked defense just magnifies how horrible their offense is. It also makes me wonder why Castillo was fired instead of Reid.

So for me, a team that should be winning and isn't is much worse than a team that should not be winning and isn't. For all intents and purposes, I give the Browns credit for being competitive in spite of their lack of talent. They have lost 4 games by a score of 7 or less points. In spite of all of their talent the Eagles have yet to win a game by more than 3 points and could easily be 0-6 if opposing teams had scored one more FG.

For me, the Eagles are the biggest disappointment this year and the worst team because they have the ability and talent to win and just aren't doing it.
    The what if game? That works for just about very team, no?

Oh and for the record, the Browns do have 1 good receiver, Josh Gordon. He just happens to play with a bad QB.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    The what if game? That works for just about very team, no?

Oh and for the record, the Browns do have 1 good receiver, Josh Gordon. He just happens to play with a bad QB.
    Not really playing the "What if?" game, just pointing out that a team that isn't all that good (Browns) is playing better than their record shows and a team that should be good (Eagles) is not playing as good as their .500 record shows.

Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Not really playing the "What if?" game, just pointing out that a team that isn't all that good (Browns) is playing better than their record shows and a team that should be good (Eagles) is not playing as good as their .500 record shows.
    When you say all a team needed was a field goal and then the Eagles record is a game worse sounds like a "what if" scenario to me...if we played that game couldn't you say the Lions should probably be 0-6?

They aren't great, but no where near the worst and I don't even think they've been the most disappointing. If we're going based on expectations, what about the Patriots? Cowboys? How about the Steelers? They've all been as if not more disappointing than the Eagles, no?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

I based my vote on who I expected to have a descent year and just hasnt done very well and I voted for the Chiefs. I know they currently have qb issues but coming into the season I thought they had a pretty solid team and had a chance win there division.
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

it was a tose up between the browns & Panthers. Really wanted to go with the panthers. don't see a lot of fire left in there tank. Appears they have given up on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    When you say all a team needed was a field goal and then the Eagles record is a game worse sounds like a "what if" scenario to me...if we played that game couldn't you say the Lions should probably be 0-6?

They aren't great, but no where near the worst and I don't even think they've been the most disappointing. If we're going based on expectations, what about the Patriots? Cowboys? How about the Steelers? They've all been as if not more disappointing than the Eagles, no?
    If you want to think that I was playing the "What if?" game then that is your choice. Not going to argue such a irrelevant point.

Steelers? No, I am a fan and I predicted they would either miss the playoffs or barely make it this year. They are proving me correct. Not sure where, but I think that somewhere on here I predicted the Steelers could have an 8-8 season.
    Patriots? Maybe a little, but they are still the class of the AFC East. They have played some pretty tough teams so far as compared to their final 9 games which includes the Bills, Colts, Jets, Jaguars and Dolphins twice. An AFC East championship still goes thru Boston.
    Cowboys? Does anyone ever expect big things from them?

I repeat. For me I think it is the Eagles because they have so much talent on offense and a top ranked defense yet they have barely won the games that they won.

Hidden Content

I think the eagles are more over rated than anything else. I would say the panthers are the worst team. They seem to have imploded. The browns weren't expected to do much, but have played fairly well in most of their games. Fairly well meaning they have been close in most of them. I don't know what the problem is with the panthers. They can't seem to do anything right. Only half way through the season though. Who knows what will happen in the next 6-8 weeks.