Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: IP Graphing Etiquette

SCF Rewards
    Country

IP Graphing Etiquette

So I'm planning on trying my first IP autographing adventure this weekend. Are there any unwritten autograph etiquette rules I should be aware of? I'm only going to be using index cards because its so short notice I don't have time to gather anything. What type of sharpie would look best on an IC? Thanks in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Etiquette?

1) Be respectful to the person signing. If they are not sat down to sign yet don't bother them, they'll sign eventually. If you think they are about to leave then you can make a move to get something signed.

2) Be respectful of any rules or the person. Typically 1-2 per person is ok and maybe getting back in line again. Don't slap down 50 cards and expect them to sign them all.

3) Any color sharpie is fine, match it to something if you want to frame it.

Why is this last minute? Walgreen/CVS/Target/Costco/Sams can all do 1 hour 8x10 or 11x14 photos. Go to google and find some pics and print them out. Costco and Sams are cheapest if you have a membership. If you pay a few more $ you can get almost instantly at Walgreens/CVS in store.

I always carry a few index cards with me for surprises, but never just to get signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always remember to ask how they are doing and say thank you. Not as many people do that as you may think. During Spring Training I will wish the guys good luck this season and they seem to appreciate it. I would be careful with index cards though because there are guys (Dave Roberts) who won't sign them.

BANNED

Country

1. Address them as Mr. Or Mrs/Miss
    2. Have your items ready with lids off Sharpies
    3. No pushing
    4. Allow children first....tends to help a little

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Always say hello, how are you doing today. Don't forget to say please and thank you. If the ballplay is older than me I referrer to them as Mr/Ms or Coach if applicable. If the ballplayer is close to my age or younger I would call them by their first name, or just their last name such as Korver or nickname such as J-Smooth. Most of the time they don't mind that. Just remember ball players are humans they are not Gods and just talk to them normally. Finally have fun and good luck.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 10-29-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ditch the IC. Find some photos or balls then roll in like ya own the joint. Can't lose.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howiek1227's Items on eBay

Most players will not sign blank index cards. Some may. But, most will not. Celebs and athletes are always worried about forgery.
    Another thing is. Keep in mind that the celebs and athletes are not required to sign autographs. So, don't throw a fit if you do not get autographs.
    Good Luck and have fun and report back on how you do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I know here in Atlanta at Phillips Areana the hawks have their own autograph police. When you get a hawks player to sign before the game they will make sure that the players are not signing a blank piece of paper. The players do mind but it is real offensive to the autograph police for some reason.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep, please and thank you.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I know here in Atlanta at Phillips Areana the hawks have their own autograph police. When you get a hawks player to sign before the game they will make sure that the players are not signing a blank piece of paper. The players do mind but it is real offensive to the autograph police for some reason.

Yes, the Hawks security guy is a piece of work.

-------
    The one thing I would suggest is never be disrespectful if the player doesn't want to sign, players talk to each other and it can ruin it for everyone.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283