Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Missing package.. What can I do?

I'll make this quick...

Purchased a 2004 Playoff Contenders Eli Manning RC Autograph...Never received the card so I filed a dispute with Paypal...

Seller adding tracking info a week later and the tracking info stated the package was delivered Thursday Oct. 18...

Went to the post office and gave them tracking and all they said was the package was delivered to my apartment complex...

Talked with the front office at my apartment complex where they sort the mail and they said they never received a package that day...

They did say the mail gets messed up everyday though...That their mail gets delivered to the funeral home next door and vice versa...

As of now the dispute is still going but not sure I will get my money back...

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks.

hard to say, if there was tracking information with it, and it was delivered to the right address on "paper". i would say no.

Seller needed to use signature confirmation on this one... Think this is in your favor here
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

if tracking was used it is going to be hard to get anything out of the PO.. I agree signature should have been used. Try to get the Post office to question the carrier, from the day it was delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by minimatt27 View Post
    if tracking was used it is going to be hard to get anything out of the PO.. I agree signature should have been used. Try to get the Post office to question the carrier, from the day it was delivered.
    I talked to the supervisor at the local PO and they questioned the carrier and I guess he said he delivered a package that day. Not sure how you remember something like that though? You deliver hundreds maybe thousands of envelopes and packages a day but you specifically remember mine? I think it may be a way for the post office to avoid being at fault. I did however receive a different package on the same day so I'm not sure how that affects the situation.

Also.. I have renters insurance here at my apartment complex. I'm not sure if that would cover missing mail or not? I spoke with my brother and asked him about it (since he used to live in a similar apartment complex when he was in the Navy) and he said he doubt it would cover it. He also told me that he thinks someone working in the front office of my apartment complex got noisy after noticing that I get packages every other day from all over the Country, and that maybe I was dealing drugs or something. He told me to contact the police no matter what the result of the situation, just in case I never get the package back, it would discourage it from happening again in the future with the police involved.

Why did the seller wait until after the dispute was filed to share tracking info?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Brett Bulmer, Nick Leddy, Ziggy Palffy and Miroslav Satan in hockey, Warren Moon and Mohamed Sanu in football and Ben Revere in baseball
    Will also trade for Wild, Vikings, Bengals and Twins stuff that catches my eye
    PMs Work Best

Quote Originally Posted by scottprok View Post
    Why did the seller wait until after the dispute was filed to share tracking info?
    The seller was and remains unresponsive. I figured after a few days I would just get my money returned but then he posted a tracking number at the last minute. He could of very easily sent an empty package to a random address in my city, state, and zip since on the USPS website, it only shows those details.

If a Paypal transaction is over $250, a seller HAS to use Signature Confirmation to be covered by Paypal. Paypal will side with the buyer. If not, buyer can make a claim on his/her credit card/sometimes bank account as item not received and it will leave Paypal high and dry. This is why Paypal protects the buyer so strongly, as it actually protects Paypal.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
    If a Paypal transaction is over $250, a seller HAS to use Signature Confirmation to be covered by Paypal. Paypal will side with the buyer. If not, buyer can make a claim on his/her credit card/sometimes bank account as item not received and it will leave Paypal high and dry. This is why Paypal protects the buyer so strongly, as it actually protects Paypal.
    Well I continued the case and voiced all of the details. It is good to now know that anything over $250 must have signature confirmation on it. I ship anything over $100 insured since I have had 3 or 4 cases of buyers claiming to receive empty packages and there's really nothing I can do about that. Strange that since I started doing that (at least 12 months now) I haven't had one problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast