Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I saw those mirror golds change hands for well over 1,000$ cash when that product was out. People are still spending stupid money on inserts, check out some of the prices on the Fleer Basketball stuff....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jord...item4abd89fd1a

Basketball is not Hockey. The Gretzky sold for $445.00 in 99-00 on eBay, and that is the most I've seen paid. Nobody cares about basketball on here. People have traditionally overpaid and will continue to overpay for Jordan, a guy who does not have 1/3 of the records that Gretzky has.
    Last edited by centrehice; 10-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Basketball is not Hockey. The Gretzky sold for $445.00 in 99-00 on eBay, and that is the most I've seen paid. Nobody cares about basketball on here. People have traditionally overpaid and will continue to overpay for Jordan, a guy who does not have 1/3 of the records that Gretzky has.

I don't think records matter. Jordan is the greatest (arguably) and most popular (not arguable) player in NBA history, and he has worldwide hobby appeal that can't be touched by Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux or anyone else who plays/played hockey.

I wouldn't call Jordan's cards overpriced, it's just a reflection of his popularity. When you sell his stuff, you've got guys from North America, Australia, Europe and Asia all going after them...the market is just so much bigger than I find with my hockey stuff.

As for the sport itself, I love basketball. I can't say I like the way movement of players between teams happens in today's game, but I love the sport. Just not as much as hockey.

BANNED

Country

Gretzky and Orr were both far superior in their Sport, sorry. Gretzky has the records to show it, Orr unfortunately injured.

Jordan didn't even get close to Wilt Chamberlain's 101 points in one game. Jordan is overinflated, period. Bobby Orr changed the way a Sport was played, Jordan did not.

I will agree whole-heartedly that Jordan is much more popular world-wide than either Orr, or Gretzky, but in pure terms of being better at his craft than they were ???

Not a chance.
    Last edited by centrehice; 10-25-2012 at 09:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will agree whole-heartedly that Jordan is much more popular world-wide than either Orr, or Gretzky, but in pure terms of being better at his craft than they were ???

Not a chance.

Tough to compare across sports, but my argument isn't that Jordan was "better" than Orr, only that he's far more popular in terms of the hobby. I'm not a big fan of comparing Jordan vs. Orr, Ruth vs. Gretzky, etc. since it's apples and oranges. The basketball card still amazes me. Crazy high prices for those Jordan Precious Metal Gems, and I've been working forever to get a Lebron Exquisite rookie without breaking the bank.

As for Wilt Chamberlain, he's an interesting case. One of the all-time greats, but at the same time a guy who dominated statistically at the expense of team success...but that's an argument for the basketball boards, I guess.

BANNED

Country

Jordan has to be more popular, there are 310,000,000 Americans. There are more Americans in California - 35 Million, than there are Canadians in all of Canada ..... Lol.

China didn't know what Basketball was until Yao, Yao brought more attention to Basketball, it's history, and to Michael Jordan, than Jordan did himself. Jordan has a paltry set of NBA records. A person given as much latitudes and platitudes as he has been granted, should have acquired more.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegreateight8's Items on eBay

thats odd. i have the set of 96-97 jerseys and jagr card shown is not the right picture

SCF Rewards
    Country

whoever wants to trade their michael jordan auto for a wayne gretzky auto, pm me.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Nobody paid more than 300 dollars for a Select Certified, or Totally Certified Mirror Gold of any player in the Top 5 in the issue. People were much more grounded and sane with their money than they are today.

The $1K mark was passed several times on Gretzky Mirror Golds with a couple private deals closer to $2K. It was a different time when ebay was still evolving and shows were still the best place to move the rare high end novelties.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12