Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hurricane Sandy

For anymore who will be affected by Hurriane Sandy, I wish you all the best. I am right at the jersey shore between atlantic city and freehold township and live on bay front. Therefore, its gonna be a rough one. But being a catagory 1 isnt bad, its just the amount of stuff thats comin with the hurricane and another front colliding w/ eachother. Therefore I wish everyone on the east coast and even more inland the best and good luck!!! its gonna be rough the next week.

All The best!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I am in PA and they say it will blast us with rain Tuesday.Hopefully the snow does not hit too.All I can hope for is no long power loss or else i will be spending days emptying my sun pump with buckets.I hope it just passes thru and everyone stays safe.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I am on the Eastern side of PA, and we are getting wind right now and off and on rain showers. Predictors at my work have us getting 4-4.5 inches of rain, which we really don't need right now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Good luck to everyone who may be affected by the storm. Just got my generator set up so I can plug my refrigerator and freezer in if the power goes out.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Im in Va. Live within the Shenandoah Valley. We are expecting 2-6 inches of rain Monday and 2-3 on Tuesday. Also along with rain comes the gusts of wind. Also, early Tuesday morning, not only do we have a 100% chance of precipitation, but also a 40-50% chance of wet snow. We stocked up on everything we know of. Flashlights are charged, candles are ready. Bathtub is full of water for the toilets. Freezer is stacked full of freezer bags with water in them so when or if the power does go, we have a source of cooling for the stuff that's in the freezer. Unfortunately, I will have to be at work both Monday and Tuesday nights. We got all 9, 200,000 horsepower generators checked and fueled. All ready to go here in the Shenandoah Valley.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm in Northern Delaware. We are expected to get 6-8 inches with the center of the storm hitting 20 miles north of me. My area is known for some flooding, so I checked my sump pump yesterday and cranked the generator. We are hearing a 7-10 power loss is we lose power. Not looking forward to this. Stay safe everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Although I live in Georgia a lot of my family lives in the DC area. I am praying for everyone to pull through this storm.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jerseycoastcollectibles's Items on eBay

I am in Cherry Hill now, but we have a home on Long Beach Island right on the bay that we have boarded up. It was a mandatory evacuation on the island as of 4pm yesterday, so we got out. They have removed all emergency personnel off the island and have closed the bridges. As far as the reasoning for pulling them off? We are all shaking our heads. I know of several families that did remain, so I wish them all the best, and hope they are all safe.

Although we are inland we are only 56 miles from the coast, and seeing this monster is 1000 miles wide, we are going to be hammered here too! Right now 9AM, we have heavy rains and winds, but the center of the storn is not expected to reach us till late this afternoon into this evening. So we are just seeing the beginning of it. I am not worried about the flooding, my concern is the wind which is expected to gust to 70+ mph and we have numerous 60+ year old trees in our neighborhood, and I am worried about them coming down.

We wish everyone the best and stay safe!

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I'm in Western PA, so just a bunch of rain here, stay safe East Coasters!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Getting worse, bigger impact

Be safe to the people in her path...

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...-five-20121028

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast