Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Sports Card Expo Newbie Questions!

Alright, so I'm looking at going to the expo on either Friday or Saturday. I have a few questions:

First off, which day is better to go on? I'm bussing via GO/Megabus more than likely (unless my friend gets out of work), and don't want to spend a lot of money/time on transit

Secondly, is there any better/cheaper ways of transit to there from St. Catharines?

Last edited by flopfish; 10-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How close is the Greyhound station to the Toronto Int'l Center where the show is held? I know there's a Go station not far from there, but if you're in St. Catharines then you'd have to take the Go bus first to Burlington, where you could grab a train.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I went on Friday last spring and Saturday last fall. I had more fun on Friday, because there were less people. Also, I would think, if you are taking GO, that the schedule/frequency of the bus/train might be better on Friday than Saturday.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How close is the Greyhound station to the Toronto Int'l Center where the show is held? I know there's a Go station not far from there, but if you're in St. Catharines then you'd have to take the Go bus first to Burlington, where you could grab a train.

There was one that goes right to the airport but now it's not available -.- the other one is an hour away by transit so not gaining much.

I went on Friday last spring and Saturday last fall. I had more fun on Friday, because there were less people. Also, I would think, if you are taking GO, that the schedule/frequency of the bus/train might be better on Friday than Saturday.

Alright, I'll look into it. Any other suggestions for travel there?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hate driving into Toronto, but in the Niagara region there just aren't a lot of great options.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you can get to Niagara Falls, you might want to look into Megabus (http://ca.megabus.com/default.aspx), which will take you to downtown Toronto, and then you would have to take the Subway and a bus to the International Centre. It might be better than GO. I looked at Google Trip Planner and the GO routes also seem like you have to go downtown first.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you can get to Niagara Falls, you might want to look into Megabus (http://ca.megabus.com/default.aspx), which will take you to downtown Toronto, and then you would have to take the Subway and a bus to the International Centre. It might be better than GO. I looked at Google Trip Planner and the GO routes also seem like you have to go downtown first.

I just looked into it on megabus... found $1 bus ticket to downtown TO on the Friday :D Thanks so much to both of you for your help. Is there like an SCF meet and greet or something?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just looked into it on megabus... found $1 bus ticket to downtown TO on the Friday :D Thanks so much to both of you for your help. Is there like an SCF meet and greet or something?

That's great - glad you were able to find something. I would offer to give you a ride (I'm coming from Ridgeway), but I'm still unsure of my plans.

As far as an SCF meet and greet, I don't think anything formal has ever been done.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's great - glad you were able to find something. I would offer to give you a ride (I'm coming from Ridgeway), but I'm still unsure of my plans.

As far as an SCF meet and greet, I don't think anything formal has ever been done.

What is the name of the GO stop near the place? Just writing all of this down.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

FF what time are you getting into Union station on Friday? Pm and let me know I plan on driving out there from mid townaround 3-4 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast