Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I think it's a chance to have some fun and look at cards you wouldn't otherwise have ever bought. Look at it as a massive injection into your traders supply, with a couple of hopefully cool PC items along the way. What are the Beliveau and Dryden autos? Because that would be a good chunk of your ROI right there.

Yah, the fun is the reason I dive in every time :)

Trading is SO much work, you know I wind up just giving a lot of it away. Plus people are A LOT more understanding about waiting 3 months for a package from me when it's not costing them anything hahahaaa.

The autos are at the top of the 3rd pic. They're just in-person hand-signed jobbies, but I don't have Beliveau or Hodge from that year to begin with, so I'm happyyyyy about that.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Trading is a pain in the Arse. Selling is where it's at.

I am getting 20% bashed cards now consistently from members on this site. What's wrong with today's Yoof ?? I am tired of sending cards back to members who swore the card was mint when they sent it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Think of it this way, for slightly less than the cost of two boxes of a mid-range product, you're getting this nifty lot of goodies instead. I'd say that's a win in itself on many levels. I am inclined to agree that the seller didn't need to be charging what he did for shipping. That's pretty brutal. I'm pretty sure my friend's mail-order Russian bride cost less when she arrived. Ok, kidding, but seriously, I'd expect huge dimensions or weight allowances for $60.

If the fun factor was worth it, it was worth it, no guilty feelings necessary.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So the answer is YES, I did indeed make a terrible mistake!!

First off, after charging me $60 for postage, the seller spent $22 plus change. It was sent in a paper-wrapped "4-piece microfibre solid sheet set" box, many cards were jostled in transit.

Next, there's 219 cards in top-loaders (not 300-500) and another 700-odd loose, to answer THAT question.

The Dryden & Beliveau autos? Wellllllllllllllll...............................

They WERE personalized at one point, but an eraser took care of that little problem. Plus they're creased to all hell.

The "high-value" RCs? Somewhere along the lines of these..................

The rest of the YGs are no-names. There's a OPC RNH in there as well ooooooooooooooooooooooooo............

And then a whack of this stuff..........................

WHY ARE THESE IN TOP-LOADERS????????

Plus some other not-so-terrible stuff, but nothing to make me stop and say "Well THAT was worth it" More pics to come later :D

Soooooooooooo I sent Mr F a message..........

Hello sir,

I've gone through the cards you sent me and I have a couple thoughts......

You charged me $60 for postage and spent $23.

There aren't "300-500" cards in top loaders, there are 219.

The "high-value" rookies are mainly UD Victory & OPC, which have "book value" but no retail value.

The Dryden and Beliveau autos are absolutely thrashed.

Based on your previous eBay card purchases, I can reasonably believe this was not "everything you own" but instead the leftovers you didn't want.

I realize you stated you're not accepting returns, but I'm pretty sure I can make a decent PayPal case outta this. I'll wait for a reply before I do anything rash tho.

Thanks!

Ed

And I got this back

i will respond to your thoughs as best i can

- when i charged for postage i was using the canada post shipping tool a weight the package and put in the dimensions this came out to aprox 56.85 or so cant really remember so i rounded up 60 is what the canada post said they would charge me and was the basis on what i put on the auction

- 300-500 was a general look and guess as i had already packaged the box im sorry that it was less than my aproximation this was not to miss lead you

-the rookie are what was stated and shown in pictures of the lot. the high value RC is was referring to were the YG and SPs again not ment to miss lead
    -I did not state what condition any indiviual card was but did list that not all were mint as some came from whole sales and flea market lots
    - the cards i purchase on ebay do not go into any collection the are sold at my local card store in which i sell on consignment every so often for there full retail vaule
    -again sorry you felt miss lead and are unhappy with your win this was not my intention but there is still no

So, on to eBay's complaint dept? Or just suck it up?

Whaddaya think?

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

I definately would be asking for money back on the shipping, he's nuts. 37 bucks please.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I definately would be asking for money back on the shipping, he's nuts. 37 bucks please.

He just emailed me offering up the $37...........do I go for broke here? I mean a tiny (big) part of me KNEW I was in for a shellacking. But then again, going back and forth with eBay and PayPal claims does waste a good chunk of my worthless time. Then AGAIN, $180 is less than $217. And there's a few keepers. But not $180's worth.

Foo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He just emailed me offering up the $37...........do I go for broke here? I mean a tiny (big) part of me KNEW I was in for a shellacking. But then again, going back and forth with eBay and PayPal claims does waste a good chunk of my worthless time. Then AGAIN, $180 is less than $217. And there's a few keepers. But not $180's worth.

Foo.

Take the $37. But he does say "MOST are in MINT/NM" how many are actually in that condition. Do not leave positive feedback, but don't leave negative either as your right you knew you were in for a shellacking. Ebay is full of these crooks who know that the cards are nowhere near Mint/NM and most are garbage like the score cards in to loaders. Next time ask for scans of Key cards real sellers with provide this others who refuse are like this one. I rate those autos as garbage & they were the key part of the purchase

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I would open a Paypal claim, slap a tracking # on it and send it back. This guy is a liar, plain and simple. He knew exactly what he was doing when he listed the auction, and he had every intent to mislead someone into thinking there was value in the lot.

and Mnum, Your compassion is sometimes unbearable, I would slap this guy with a huge negative.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would open a Paypal claim, slap a tracking # on it and send it back. This guy is a liar, plain and simple. He knew exactly what he was doing when he listed the auction, and he had every intent to mislead someone into thinking there was value in the lot.

and Mnum, Your compassion is sometimes unbearable, I would slap this guy with a huge negative.

Hahahaaaaa!!! I've been an eBay buyer/seller for more than 10 years, I KNEW. I'm getting my $37 back. I traded the ratty 70's and 80's OPCs for an 11 dollar lunch. And these are the keepers..................

It could be worse........................at least I'm a Sedin fan eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I can use the Kassian auto...looks like an okay deal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast