Thread: Real or Fake?

Real or Fake?

I have seen this card bounce around the Bay for some time now. I was wondering what you guys thought? I have yet to see any of Josh Freeman's SPA's RPA in throwback colors. Everyone I have seen is the newer bucks jersey. This is the only one I have seen in throwback form. Post up what you think. No doubt its a sweet looking card but whether its legit I am leaning towards no.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Sp-Auth...item25770e6a4e
    Super Collecting Greg Salas, Mike Davis and Rod Streater. Collecting Ricky Williams, Roy Williams WR, Mike Alstott, Jordan Shipley, (GU, patches, & autos only), 1999-2009 Elite UT Longhorns base, S/N and autos, Chicago Bears, and UT Longhorns.
    Hidden Content

Perfectly centered, numbered to 999, sounds too good to be true.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Perfectly centered, numbered to 999, sounds too good to be true.
    Thats what I was thinking also.
    Super Collecting Greg Salas, Mike Davis and Rod Streater. Collecting Ricky Williams, Roy Williams WR, Mike Alstott, Jordan Shipley, (GU, patches, & autos only), 1999-2009 Elite UT Longhorns base, S/N and autos, Chicago Bears, and UT Longhorns.
    Hidden Content

i say fake here
    I only pay via paypal invoice.

As I have said before. Patch fakers always make the fake patch perfectly centered and just a little too good to be true. If that patch were real it would be off-center and crooked or turned sideways because the card company employees don't care about details like that.

I say fake. The /999 numbering makes it a virtual guarantee.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

that card is fake, its been floating around with a mcfadden as well. not sure if its this seller, but the guy did a stewart as well. none of the patches used were ever on a jersey, only maybe a hat.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Supercollecting Gators/Eagles WR Riley Cooper....Bring me whatever you have. 235/265 88% Looking for the black Elite Plate and any Coopers I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by the1mcjensen View Post
    that card is fake, its been floating around with a mcfadden as well. not sure if its this seller, but the guy did a stewart as well. none of the patches used were ever on a jersey, only maybe a hat.
    Thats messed up and people fall for the scam and pay 3-4x more than they would on a nice 3 color. There was a Bo BB patch with a newer KC logo patch I posted about and the card was /499 and sold for $120+ with a fake patch. Poor guy just threw down good money on a fake card.
    Hidden Content

you are asking the wrong question
    the first thing you need to ask yourself, 'is this seller legit?'
    answer = NO
    seller is a proven scammer
    has been selling fake patches for a while
    boycott all scammers, never buy anything they sell

Thanks there was another recently posted. I didn't check to see if it was the same serial number or not but it was the exact same patch.
    Hidden Content