Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Should Congress Delay the election in the Wake of the Storm?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • N0

8 72.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Storm Sandy!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Super Storm Sandy!

I was thinking int he wake of this storm will there be ares of the county or such that will not be able to vote?
    There are several states with a LARGE amount of damage and large areas with out power. Transit is NYC will hampered for at least a week maybe more. Besides the clean that may take months or longer (some places still have cleaned up after last years tornado's)

Would it be in the best interest of the the county to delay the elections?

If you vote in the poll please respond.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I voted yes

I see 8 or 9 states effected by this storm. Thats a huge amount of people.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

I voted no . The only election to ever be postponed was a state election in NY I believe 60 years ago. This country holds elections thru times of war or any other issue and it will be held Nov. 6th this year. If voting is important then people will find a way to vote come hell or high water. However i can understand why a democrat would want to delay the election.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I voted no as well.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Voted no.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Technically, electors don't have to commit their votes until December. Also, states control when and how the elections are held.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I voted NO. Don't be mistaken, Democrats want this election to happen now. Romney is still LOSING in Ohio and because of it he will lose this election.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am not so sure anyone is paying attention to the storm damage
    Transit is all but done in NYC...NJ 4 million with out power

I am sure people will attempt to get out..but on the other side, can they have polling places up ready and safe in time?
    Right now I would think the cost would run almost double the normal cost to make sure this happens

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If this storm happend in a romney leaning states you republicans would be screaming to halt the election so that there would be time for people's voice could be heard. However since NY/NJ tend to vote democratic you want to hurry up with the election so their votes will not be counted. This time you are in favor of voter supression by nature. SMH.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

If this storm happend in a romney leaning states you republicans would be screaming to halt the election so that there would be time for people's voice could be heard. However since NY/NJ tend to vote democratic you want to hurry up with the election so their votes will not be counted. This time you are in favor of voter supression by nature. SMH.

There isn't any reason to postpone the entire national election. If those states need to move it back a week, I don't have a problem with that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast