Roadtrip for a Notre Dame game in South Bend...Some questions...

So me, the girlfriend and a couple friends are making the journey from New York to South Bend for the Notre Dame/Wake Forest game November 17th. Im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where we should eat, shop etc. Also, Id love to track down Manti Te'o to get an autograph if its at all possible. Anyone know of a way to go about doing this at Notre Dame?
    Rich
    "I myself dabbled in pacifism once..not in 'Nam of course" -Walter Sobchak
    Looking for: Vanek, Ennis, Paille, Myers
    Photobucket:

I don't know about all that, but I also did a road trip with a friend of mine in college to an Irish game. Drove from West Virginia to South Bend. Had a blast! I think they do a big breakfast on campus before the game, but we got there too late. Beautiful campus, great traditions, and will always remember it! Hope you guys have fun!

I have been to Notre Dame quite a few times for games, it is a great campus and I am sure you will enjoy yourself. The dining halls are great places to eat. When we (my family) went, we would eat there for dinner on Friday night and then we would go for breakfast on Saturday morning before the game. I believe it is a little on the pricey side, but they have anything you could want to eat there. The Grotto is a very cool place to visit on the campus. It is a quiet place where you can light a candle in memory of someone who has passed. You often see it when games are coming back from commercial. The Knute Rockne building is also very cool if you are into Notre Dame history. All sorts of Knute Rockne memorabilia and stories in there. The bookstore is a great place to do any shopping you may want to do. They have a ton of stuff there. On Saturday before the game, all of the players go to Saturday mass then walk across campus to the stadium. If you get there early enough, you can stand there and have the players walk right by you. They have the band following as well, it is a pretty cool thing they do. Some other things I would recommend is possibly seeing what other sports are going on that weekend. We have been to quite a few hockey and soccer games and both of those teams are nationally ranked. Tickets are pretty cheap and usually fall on the Friday before the game. You could also go to the pep rally on Friday night. They usually have some pretty interesting speakers there, and you will get pumped up fr the game. Also, if you don't mind going off campus and have the extra time, the College Football Hall of Fame is in the town of South Bend. I have been there once and it is pretty cool. Sorry about the long post, but I hope you got some ideas about what you could do. If you would like to know anything else, please let me know and I can try to help you out as much as I can. Have a great time!

Jason
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Looking for Mike Williams (Bucs WR), Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and other HOFer RBs
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

It's been many years since I was last in South Bend, but I will echo what jdio13 said: the campus is incredible. My folks were married at the chapel on Notre Dame's campus, and I spent a lot of time there as a kid growing up.

Have a great time! And if you do find Manti Te'o for an auto, tell him Packer fans would love to have him in Green Bay on Sunday afternoons!!!
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

I hope you had a great time in South Bend this weekend. You got to see a great game and I wish I could have been there. The pregame ceremony for the seniors gave me chills, especially when they honored Te'o. You will have to let us know how the trip went and give us some highlights of what you did!

Jason
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Looking for Mike Williams (Bucs WR), Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and other HOFer RBs
    Hidden Content Hidden Content