Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ravens_creed View Post
    I also agree that Harry Sinden and Gary Bettman are almost the antithesis of this list. How they ended up there, and so high, makes me wonder. Glen Sather, too. I could rip on these three guys for days, and still have room left for more.

Mooneyes... my first comment was entirely about Bob McKenzie, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. In fact, I think your assessment of Harry Sinden is how I look back on him as well. Without Harry Sinden, I might not be able to appreciate Peter Chiarelli so much. I think he's done a fantastic job in Boston, and not just because he fleeced Burke in the Kessel trade, which, as a Leafs fan, I'm sure I will hear about for the rest of my life, no doubt.
    no worries man, not sure why Kessel is so disliked, if he was on a line with Bergy and Marchand he would have so much less pressure and more support...but for some reason he wanted to go into the pressure cooker in TO...
    cheers
    Trouba/# Star RC's/Current star Bruin's/Ovy/Selanne/Eye Candy

KEEP CALM and BERGERON.

Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ravens_creed View Post
    Without Harry Sinden, I might not be able to appreciate Peter Chiarelli so much. I think he's done a fantastic job in Boston, and not just because he fleeced Burke in the Kessel trade, which, as a Leafs fan, I'm sure I will hear about for the rest of my life, no doubt.
    Interesting that you should mention that! I have numerous friends who are Maple Leaf fans and they all refuse to accept the fact that the Kessel deal was a bad move by Burke! The two 1st round picks the Bruins have turned into Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton who I believe will become a stud d-man. Don't think I would give up either of those two for Kessel let alone both of them.
    PhotoBucket:Hidden Content

Totally agree that Bob McKenzie should be on this list. I haven`t met a fan yet that doesn't respect what Bobby Mac has to say, and you can't say that about many hockey minds (esspecially journalists!).
    Looking for: 2001-02 UD YGs/ flashbacks, 2002-03 UD Foundations, 2011-12 and 2012-13 UD Canvas
    Mogilny cards I don't have.
    Please check my link: Hidden Content
    Mini-bucket (worst ever?): Hidden Content

The other half of the Bathgate story was Jaques Plante, who refused to return to the ice without a mask despite his coaches demand he didn't....must have took some stones in that era to defy your coach...or maybe you just had to be crazy back than to be a goalie! As far as the way minds work, loved to watch Hasek play, not sure if he was the first to use a totally instinctive "stop the puck any way possible style" but sure was amazing to watch...
    Trouba/# Star RC's/Current star Bruin's/Ovy/Selanne/Eye Candy

KEEP CALM and BERGERON.

Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12