Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is it me or is ebay taking over the site?

I am just curious if I am the only one that is noticing this.

A few months ago there would be 4 or 5 auctions strung together on the main page, but lately it seems like 75-80% of the main page is all ebay stuff and not the normal posts. There are even times when I check the main page and every single this is ebay. I understand that they are a sponser and money coming in always is a positive thing, but I find myself logging on less and less because of this.

I would be happy to hear anyone elses thoughts on this. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 74razorgb's Items on eBay

A++++ poster, fast shipment, would reply again!

SCF Rewards
    Country

What's the main page?

Probably would be best to log the complaint into the feedback/issue forum. Good or bad feedback that's basically the only place you will get a reply about issues with the site.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I call the main page the "quick Links" then "Todays Posts"

I was more or less just trying to find out if I was the only one noticing this or not. THanks for the input, I will most likely make a post there. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nepatsfan12dt's Items on eBay

I was more or less just trying to find out if I was the only one noticing this or not. THanks for the input, I will most likely make a post there. Thanks.

Yeah sometimes when you click on the new posts, sometimes the whole first page are just the ebay auctions.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

this place isnt as actively traveled as it was when i started almost 10 years ago it seems like sites go thru there popularity span and then the next big site comes along and everyone disappears lol hence the same few people constantly showing up at the top of the lists...back when sportscardsheriff was the bees knees right before this place took off i remember the same thing happening there...except it wasnt ebay..i remember in 2001 id ask what you need for that card...and all the pms were the same...any gu or autos lol...now people could give 2 scats about gu and autos..its weird to see how the evolution changes so drastically over time
    Last edited by jdawg; 11-03-2012 at 10:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW I have never hit that link, don't really understand why you would
    I look at what I am interested in, not general post, but that page is junk

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ah okay. I just wanted to make sure.

The problem with doing that is it will only limit you to 5 pages of posts. Even if you removed all of the eBay related posts you would still not be seeing all the posts from the day. Unless I am doing something wrong or you can change the setting because it has always shown up as 5 pages for me.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have noticed also the various Sports Card Talk Forums are increasingly filling with eBay related discussions, most of them to do with people getting hosed on sales. It's likely all connected to the down cycle that I fear the hobby overall is experiencing. People are have more difficulty making trades and sales because of differences of opinions in values, there's the NHL lockout hindering hockey dealing, the various markets are flooded with too much everything, so you're seeing a lot of people taking to eBay for their buying and sales. Unfortunately, sales are low so sellers are taking shortcuts to scrimp on shipping costs, so cards show up in bad shape (or not at all) which cheeses off the buyers. And around and around it goes.

Speaking as a guy that has decided to break up a large portion of his PC--a collection of nearly 600 cards of one of the most popular players in hockey--I've had much more success with eBay than I have here at SCF when it comes to moving cards. I find that surprising and disappointing. There have been a handful of guys here that I've made a couple deals with, but on the Bay I've moved quite a few nice cards at prices that are acceptable to me because of the BIN/OBO function that I use for all my listings.

It's not due to a lack of trying either - I bump up my trade list thread as regularly as the rules permit, I keep it current, and I respond to all inquiries. Unless people are coming to me asking for great cards and only offering Scott Gomez in return, I'm doing what I can to make a swap/sale. But results have been scarce.

I blame eBay.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Speaking as a guy that has decided to break up a large portion of his PC--a collection of nearly 600 cards of one of the most popular players in hockey--I've had much more success with eBay than I have here at SCF when it comes to moving cards. I find that surprising and disappointing.

One question that you have to ask yourself though is, where did you have the most success in acquiring those 600 cards? I would love to be able to say that the greater majority of my PC came from trading, but there is no way that is ever going to happen. The main problem is that being a player collector only, it's a lot easier & more economical to just buy the singles or lots on eBay than it is to open boxes & packs trying to get one, maybe two cards of the player you collect. The downside of doing this is that without buying the boxes or packs, you also don't accumulate the tradebait needed to get cards from others. Here recently, I made several trades on the site for non-PC cards just to make a trade for some PC cards with someone else. This has been not only time consuming, but also ended up being a lot more expensive then it would be if I would have just bought the cards that I am hoping to trade for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast