Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Underated Player?

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

Most Underated Player?

In this thread you may post who you think the most underrated player is and why. I believe the most underrated player is Pavel Datsyuk. He is a great Russian with probably the best hands. He gets nets at least 15 a year and his assists are outstanding. I remember one time when I was watching a game and datsyuk had the puck. The tv turned off for about 10 seconds and when it turned back on Datsyuk continued to embarrass people with the pcuk on the other side of the rink. For these reasons I believe Datsyuk is the most underrated player and he is one of my favorites!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

marty st louis cuz of his nifty hands..always sets up stammer..stammer takes most of the credit..id say datsyuk to. hes amazing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I think J Staal is also very underated. Great goal scorer awsome back checker and great penalty killer. I agree with datsyuk and st louis aswell
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Jordan staal is overrated. He should be in the top 15 scoring leaders, and never is. He will disappear in Carolina.

The most underrated player in the NHL in the last 15 years is Andrew Brunette, followed by Steve Konowalchuk until he was injured.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There a ton of them but I will start with awesome players like Ron Francis, Adam Oates, etc. It a endless discussion but I think you truly need to set some definition of what defines Underrated.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See 08hockey08's Items on eBay

I have to put one of my all time favorites in this list! Mike Gartner was well-known for his unbelievable speed but he also had some of the sweetest hands of his time. Definitely one of the most underrated players.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

There a ton of them but I will start with awesome players like Ron Francis, Adam Oates, etc. It a endless discussion but I think you truly need to set some definition of what defines Underrated.

DON

Agree

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

If they are in the HOF how are they underrated ? Francis, Oates and Gartner, what more do they want then being in the Hall of Fame ?

They players voted on this two years ago and Lou Erikson was # 1 with Frans Nielsen # 2. Would be more interested in hearing an updated players version of this as they understand more then the rest of us from our couches. Has anyone seen an updated survey from the NHLPA ?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Well if you are talking all-time, then of course Oates, and Francis are at the top of the list. Mark Howe on the back end is perhaps the most underrated player to ever lace them up.

Twice as good a skater as his Dad, and much more puck sense in his own end. Mark Howe was the Gretzky on defense, he always knew where the puck was headed before it actually got there.

Gordie was more than proud of Mark's game, and Gordie reveled in how well Mark and Brad McCrimmon could skate backwards, both of whom attributed their off-season of full Power-Skating school.

Guy Lapointe and Jacques Laperriere, also severly underrated. Both made Serge Savard look like the chump that he was when always out of position.
    Last edited by centrehice; 11-07-2012 at 04:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I Think Datsyuk is underated for his work he mades with Detroit Red Wings

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast