Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Underated Player?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe the most underrated player is on the Old Timers Hockey team I play on and it is ME. Sorry I cant post a pic as I am under contract to the league and would need their permission first.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I believe the most underrated player is on the Old Timers Hockey team I play on and it is ME. Sorry I cant post a pic as I am under contract to the league and would need their permission first.

:) your either the goalie or the one who always brings the beer!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually both.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See th1ckasabr1ck's Items on eBay

I think up until the Bruins Cup win it was Patrice Bergeron hands down. He's an elite talent and didn't get much attention.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

I think how HOF players can be underrated is because while the people who are actually in the business recognize their greatness the fans have taken them for granted. I could argue Mats Sundin is underrated because he doesn't the respect of the fans like some other players do. However he has the respect of the people who coached him, played with him, and worked with him in any capacity. More likely for the HOF players that are mentioned as underrated, they are really under-appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Because I see him on a regular basis and doesn't seem to get the national attention he does around Buffalo; I would argue Jason Pominville is pretty underrated. He plays all situations, is a solid point producer and goal scorer, a quiet leader who leads by example and always seems to give his all. He's extremely durable, missing only 9 games since he became a full time player. Maybe I'm undervaluing him nationally, but to me he would seem to qualify.

A few others off the top of my head:
    Bergeron
    St. Louis
    Weiss

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I think how HOF players can be underrated is because while the people who are actually in the business recognize their greatness the fans have taken them for granted. I could argue Mats Sundin is underrated because he doesn't the respect of the fans like some other players do. However he has the respect of the people who coached him, played with him, and worked with him in any capacity. More likely for the HOF players that are mentioned as underrated, they are really under-appreciated.

I would agree with this assesment of many of the Hofer's mentioned on this thread. Some players after 3,4 yrs you know they are on thier way. Others not so much, but by the end of their career? Ron Francis comes to mind. In hartford very good. In Pittsburgh, though Mario was there, that helps, he really came into his own

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

Zetterberg because of all the Datsyuk is underrated

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Diego Padres Vegas Golden Knights
    See abcards's Items on eBay

I would say Daniel Alfredsson. Great leadership and consistency through his career.

BANNED

Country

Teddy Purcell.

Im pretty sure most don't know that the third man between St Louis & Stamkos is Purcell. Purcell has been putting some impressive numbers for the past two years. Of course he flies under the radar more often than not due to the combo of Stammer and St.Louis. A great all round player.

He puts up impressive numbers playing with the best goal scorer and one of the best feeders in the NHL. Donald Brasher could put up 50 points if those were his line mates haha. But yes Purcell is a great player and is well deserving to be on a line with those two top tier players.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast