Thread: Steal of the Month #38
11-04-2012, 11:47 AM #1
Steal of the Month #38
Please read the rules carefully as the Hockey Staff will look to be doing this contest on a Monthly basis.
1. Contest is for auctions won between 12:00am EST November 1 and 11:59pm EST November 30. Only auctions won during that time will be accepted for entry! Entries will be accepted until December 1, 11:59pm EST (8:59pm PST).
2. Three (3) auctions per member per month. Please edit your wins into one post. If a member submits more than three entries for the month, only the first three will be considered. The auction needs to be on single cards, not on a box of cards. Choose wisely! (Hockey only, please check the other sports for similar contests)
3. Post a link to your Ebay auction win. You can provide a screen shot if you want to show it off, but a link to the auction MUST be provided.
4. The Ebay user ID in your SCF profile MUST match the user ID of the winning bidder!
**I will not chase people to make sure that there Ebay Profile is set up properly on SCF. If your ID is not set up, your entry will not be accepted. If you do not know how to setup your Ebay user ID in your SCF profile, feel free to contact me but I will not chase people down for it.
5. Explain why you think your card is a steal. If it has a BV, let us know. You can even show previous auctions that ended to compare your win. Convince us!
6. The Hockey moderating team will vote on the winner. Winner will be announced after the votes are in and given 150cc into their account.
7. Member must be in good standing. Please refer to the SCF Rules page on infractions.
8. Please make sure that the auction you submit is not a private listing (where eBay IDs are not shown). Private listing auctions will not be accepted as winning bidder user IDs cannot be verified.
SCF staff cannot participate in this contest.
Card Cash (CC) can be used for purchasing cards from our Card Cash store, purchasing cards from Card Cash auctions, purchasing cards from other members, playing SCF arcade games, and for betting.
Last Month's Winner is: andrewconnors9
11-16-2012, 10:05 AM #2
I'll get this started off for November. Last night I was fortunate enough to come across this Pietrangelo PC card for myself. You may think that this is just your run-of-the-mill UD Game Jersey but it's not particularly easy to find considering it is the only Group A (1:20,176) jersey in this year's Series 1: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12-13-UPPER-D...#ht_500wt_1054Super Collecting:
11-18-2012, 02:20 PM #3
Ok On Nov 13th I won an auction that is going to be one of the biggest pieces to my Johnny Bower collection. Its a 1964-67 woodgrain beehive group III of Johnny Bower with the number 1 on his sleve visible. There are two variations one without the number visible which has a BV$25 and the short print number visible variation with a BV$175. I have been looking for this Beehive for the past 3 years and never came across one untell now. The condition of the Beehive is in NM\NM+. only real flaw is a small pin hole on the top. Conditional pricing for this Beehive according to Beckett goes as follows
MINT $525.00 NM-MT+ $350.00 NM-MT $262.50 NM $175.00
So here is the link to my big ebay win for the grnd total of $56.00US + shipping. One hell of a steal in my eyes knowing how rare this Beehive is. and also knowing that a lot of Bowers older stuff sell well above BV.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170938482477Looking for everything JOHNNY BOWER. My PC so far. Hidden Content
11-20-2012, 09:08 PM #4
11-20-2012, 09:21 PM #5
11-21-2012, 05:22 PM #6
First time ever submitting to this contest:
#1: 2 cards: 2011-12 Ultimate Signatures and 2011-12 Debut Threads Patches /100 both of Nugent-Hopkins for $82 Dlvd. Book for $200 combined.
11-22-2012, 10:04 PM #7
11-30-2012, 09:25 PM #8
I got this 10-11 Mario Lemieux Ultimate Acheivements Auto /25 for $54. The only other one that sold recently was for $100 double what I paid. I think $54 of an all time great auto /25 from a high end product is awsome!
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130808843047Bucket: Hidden Content
Looking for Landeskog