Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Main Street in Revolt

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Main Street in Revolt

The homemade sign for Mitt Romney in the yard of a well-manicured but modest home in Leadville, Colo., forlornly signals the fracture of another onetime supporter of Barack Obama.If Romney wins the presidency on Tuesday, the national media, the Washington establishment and the bulk of academia will have missed something huge that happened in “flyover” America under their watch.It is a story that few have told.It reminds one of the famous quip by New Yorker film critic Pauline Kael following Richard Nixon’s landslide 1972 victory: “I live in a rather...

More...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing this Mike! I am an Ohioan and one of my best friends is a very stout Democrat. In the last four years it has been funny to see him so excited to regain the White House and how much he faith he placed into the promised changes and economic prosperity that was to follow. He realizes that has not taken place. I know that he will still vote his party in this election, but he now has become so much more critical of what is truely happening. Romney has not sold him on having a better plan. He missed the boat by not attacking the last four years failures hard enough! I would vote for just about any candidate vs another four years of what we just went through. The last time it was this rough Jimmy Carter was in office and luckily we had President Reagan come along. The problem is that President Obama is not as good of a president as Carter was and Romney has not shown alot of promise of being another Reagan! I would love to see some real leadership!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Romney hasn't attacked enough? That's all he's done.
    Romney's mistake has been his "you'll see how I do it when you vote me in" attitude through most of the campaign.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Thanks for sharing this Mike! I am an Ohioan and one of my best friends is a very stout Democrat. In the last four years it has been funny to see him so excited to regain the White House and how much he faith he placed into the promised changes and economic prosperity that was to follow. He realizes that has not taken place. I know that he will still vote his party in this election, but he now has become so much more critical of what is truely happening. Romney has not sold him on having a better plan. He missed the boat by not attacking the last four years failures hard enough! I would vote for just about any candidate vs another four years of what we just went through. The last time it was this rough Jimmy Carter was in office and luckily we had President Reagan come along. The problem is that President Obama is not as good of a president as Carter was and Romney has not shown alot of promise of being another Reagan! I would love to see some real leadership!

I am so thankful we wont have another Reagan!

Come here to Mass see his real record. Do the research. Romney is phoney PERIOD! He was one of the WORST governors we have seen here in decades! Seems you have your head in the sand or just not paying attention. Romney as Wick said has done nothing but attack. Well The Romney plan is all smoke and Mirrors. Pretty much as he said the voters in Mass. So Tuesday ask yourself, If Massachusetts wont back him, and Michigan wont back him Do I really want to back him?

And I can live with 4 more years of this :
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09...ith-citations/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

I am so thankful we wont have another Reagan!

Come here to Mass see his real record. Do the research. Romney is phoney PERIOD! He was one of the WORST governors we have seen here in decades! Seems you have your head in the sand or just not paying attention. Romney as Wick said has done nothing but attack. Well The Romney plan is all smoke and Mirrors. Pretty much as he said the voters in Mass. So Tuesday ask yourself, If Massachusetts wont back him, and Michigan wont back him Do I really want to back him?

And I can live with 4 more years of this :
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09...ith-citations/

This is very disingenuous. President Obama had all the power for 2 years and a House battling him for the last 2 years. Romney had ZERO support in the legislature for his whole term.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

This is very disingenuous. President Obama had all the power for 2 years and a House battling him for the last 2 years. Romney had ZERO support in the legislature for his whole term.

yes the Democrats ran both houses -true. Romney did NO bipartisanship at all by vetoing some 800 bills? I state emnt runns true. Even party in his own party were questioning him at the end. And since you are a resident here - How many aspects has he changed since he was governor? And Was the house and state senate Democrat when Weld, Cellucci and Swift ? So I ask how those 3 who sat in the Governors seat dealt and worked with the State legislature?