Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Transgender Student in Women's Locker Room Raises Uproar

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...nlwYWdl;_ylv=3

The decision to allow a transgender 45-year-old college student who identifies as a woman but has male genitalia to use the women's locker room has raised a fracas among parents and faith-based organizations, who say children as young as 6 years old use the locker room.

The locker room at Evergreen College in Olympia, Wash., is shared with the Capital High School swim club and a children's swim academy, along with the students at Evergreen.

"The college has to follow state law," Evergreen spokesman Jason Wettstein told ABC News affiliate KOMO. "The college cannot discriminate based on the basis of gender identity. Gender identity is one of the protected things in discrimination law in this state."

But according to parents, the fact that the student has exposed her male genitalia, in one instance in the sauna, is cause for concern.

"[A mother] reported her daughter was upset because she observed a person at the women's locker room naked and displaying male genitalia," said a police report filed in September by a mother on behalf of her 17-year-old daughter.

The college has installed privacy curtains, and said it would not change its policy for now.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I feel bad for all parties involved. To be honest I wouldn't want a transexual in the locker room with me either but do understand that they should have access to the same services that everyone else has. Since it is not feasible to have seperate accomodations for gays and transexuals I'm not sure what would be the best solution.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

hmm... I'm not sure what the solution is. this is different than restroom use since locker rooms tend to have more open nudity depending on each individual in the locker room. I personally don't think I'd care if this were reversed and a woman who identified as a man were using my locker room... however, I'm not one to walk around naked in a locker room.

I do see how women would be less likely to be comfortable with this so it's hard to say what the solution is. Maybe the solution is separate locker rooms, but then where do you draw a line. Can you make places provide a third locker room option? That seems a little overboard considering the very low numbers of instances where they'd be used.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Plain and simple, male genitalia use the male locker room.

He can claim to feel like a women all he wants but as long as he has male genitalia he's a male. If one day he undergoes a sex change procedure and loses the male genitalia then he (guess she now) can use the female locker room.

You have to draw the line somewhere and the easiest place to draw the line is with what they have below the belt.