Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dude0100's Items on eBay

A Mailday That a Player Collector Can Only Dream of

Hi everyone,

Last weekend was one of those things that doesn't happen too often in the world of player collectors. Darren (mrwrestler74) sent me a message on Facebook that he was ready to depart with some of his Alex Pietrangelo RC collection. This now leaves me with one non-1/1 that features only Pietrangelo left from his rookie year, the 08/09 UD Ice Premiers Auto/Patch /10 which I don't think I'll be getting anytime soon. ;) He is still pursuing that 08/09 UD Black Letterman "O" of Pietrangelo to complete his nameplate. After a bit of back and forth we were able to settle on a fair deal that saw some nice cards and cash going his way for the rare Pietrangelos that he possessed.

Before we get to the main event, I also got another card in the mail that was worthy of showing off as well. Thanks to sykopat on SCF for knocking down another low-numbered parallel in Artifacts!

Darren sent five cards on my wantlist my way. This card landed itself at number 5. Ironically, it's one of the highest numbered cards that I still needed and I have seen a few copies of it pop up but the price has never been right. I decided to bite the bullet this time though.

08/09 UD The Cup Rookie Auto Draft Boards /25

At number four, we have a hard to find BAP parallel that I have never seen besides the copy that Darren owned.

08/09 Be A Player Rookie Gold /10

At number three, another tough to find RC parallel and this is also the only copy that I have seen.

08/09 Black Diamond Gold Rookie /10

At number two, a staple in every PC and a card that I have always wanted, the Young Guns High Gloss or Exclusives Spectrum as they like to call them these days. I have seen three copies pop up on eBay in the last year alone but, just like the Draft Board, the price has never been right. Darren gave me a fair deal on it so I was more than happy to take it off of his hands.

08/09 Upper Deck Series 1 Young Guns High Gloss /10

And at number one, a sticker autograph from a $9.99 blaster box that would seem simple enough to find if they didn't all end up in kids' collections. Besides not ever seeing a copy of this card, I have only seen four copies of cards from the whole set.

08/09 Rookie Class Autograph

Thanks for the look everyone and a huge thank you once again to Darren for giving me a shot at these cards! They have found a good home. As always, comments are appreciated.

Alex

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pick ups for your PC

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See mySTLSportsCards's Items on eBay

Nice stuff Alex! I should have a mailday from Darren soon too! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dude0100's Items on eBay

Nice stuff Alex! I should have a mailday from Darren soon too! :)

Thanks Mike. Remember the YG HG? ;)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See mySTLSportsCards's Items on eBay

It made it's way to you :) Funny how things work out!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very neat Pietrangelo additions to your PC. Congrats and keep adding to the collection.

-Ethan