Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panini Cooperstown, Weak and man do I mean weak

At the local when Cooperstown from Panini arrived. Owner had a sales sheet which said autograph plus a couple of Mem cards per box. Set through three boxes of case one and three boxes of case two.

ZERO MEM cards! I mean not a single one.

Each and every box had ONE auto which based on the six boxes I am guessing the autos would be worth $5. to $10 each.

Lucky for me, I only bought one box but it was pretty bad.

Auto numbered to ONLY 649 so it is a super short print I am sure!

ONE and DONE!

All I can say is good luck with your boxes. Owner called his Panini Rep to see what is going on. Rep was not available so I don't know if the sales sheet was wrong or these were just a bunch of bad boxes.

Dealer was concerned since he is sitting on over 50 remaining.
    Last edited by ronfir; 11-07-2012 at 11:54 PM.

2. Wata Photo
    Don't know who your autograph was,but that eriksson/sakic stick card is awesome.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    Don't know who your autograph was,but that eriksson/sakic stick card is awesome.

Thanks for letting me know, photo corrected.

Just a follow up, in back to back boxes of case two dupe autos of Phil Nierko

Case one one of the autos was Peter Gammons, wish that would have been my auto.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    Thanks for letting me know, photo corrected.

Just a follow up, in back to back boxes of case two dupe autos of Phil Nierko

Case one one of the autos was Peter Gammons, wish that would have been my auto.
    Yea the Gammons is probably one of the better ones to get,I still have a hard time buying unlicensed products,I will every once in awhile but they just don't look right without the mlb uniforms.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

The sales sheet I saw said 2 "Commemorative HOF Patches" which I took to mean manufactured patches similar to what Topps has been doing. Hopefully, you at least got those. Still, prices are pretty steep for an unlicensed single auto box.
    Football: Peyton Manning, HOFers, and star QBs.
    Baseball: Aaron, Clemente, Mantle, Maris, Mays, Rose (60s, 70s, and 80s only), Ryan (60s and 70s only) and Vintage HOFers (mainly pre-1970).

I'm working on a 1958 Topps baseball set, so any help there would be greatly appreciated.

THE BUCKET: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by micky8 View Post
    The sales sheet I saw said 2 "Commemorative HOF Patches" which I took to mean manufactured patches similar to what Topps has been doing. Hopefully, you at least got those. Still, prices are pretty steep for an unlicensed single auto box.

NO, none of us got any manufauctured patches. All that was in these boxes was a single autograph and some misc. inserts. That was it!

That sucks. I'd get a copy of the sales sheet and contact Panini and ask them what was going on. I looked at some of the supplier sites (Blowout, D&A, and Atlanta Sportscards) and they all indicated 2 patches per box.
    Football: Peyton Manning, HOFers, and star QBs.
    Baseball: Aaron, Clemente, Mantle, Maris, Mays, Rose (60s, 70s, and 80s only), Ryan (60s and 70s only) and Vintage HOFers (mainly pre-1970).

I'm working on a 1958 Topps baseball set, so any help there would be greatly appreciated.

THE BUCKET: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (289)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    want to trade the perez? check my bucket for lots of gued and a few autos

john
    Always trading for HOF Autos and Gued I need for my PC. I trade bv:bv, more or less. Heavily your way my regular issues,inserts, parallels for your hof autos that I need.
    Sorry, but only trading in the US
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by micky8 View Post
    That sucks. I'd get a copy of the sales sheet and contact Panini and ask them what was going on. I looked at some of the supplier sites (Blowout, D&A, and Atlanta Sportscards) and they all indicated 2 patches per box.
    Yesterday in the Panini Blog "Knights Tale" they had two videos breaking the product and the brand manager said they deleted the patches since the product had been delayed so longer and they put a "wood insert" in its place or something like that.

After watching the video I called Panini and asked to speak to the face of Panini Tracy Hackler. I got his voice mail as I was told he was in a meeting. I left a message that I had purchased the product based on the poop sheet data and I did not think it was right not to notify the hobby of the changes. I did not get a return call. Hackler may have had to leave Dallas for the Expo, but still would NOT have paid the price I paid for the product if I had known the change had been made.

Quote Originally Posted by six43dpnc View Post
    want to trade the perez? check my bucket for lots of gued and a few autos

john
    No, I think I want to keep and remember to fully check out a product before buying. Make sure the card companies actually put into the product what they say is to be in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast