Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris Matthews Apologizes For Saying He Was "Glad" For Hurricane Sandy

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ane_sandy.html

MSNBC's Chris Matthews, at the top of his show "Hardball" on Wednesday, apologized for saying he was "glad" for Hurricane Sandy.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I was on last night for ten hours straight from 5:00 in the evening till 3:00 in the morning. At a few minutes to 3:00 I said something terrible. I said that I was glad about the coming of tropical storm Sandy because of its impact on this national campaign. It was a terrible thing to say, period.

I can say it was because I was tired but the fact is I wasn't thinking of the horrible mess this storm has made of people's lives up here in New York and elsewhere. It's not until you read the local newspapers around here that you see and know the horror this has wreaked on people's lives.

###

MATTHEWS: I said something not just stupid but wrong. What I should have said is how impressive it is for people in trouble and how they react to see politicians working together across party lines, as they did during tropical storm Sandy and how people like to see that. Instead I said something that suggested ends justifies means. Something I have never believed in my life and even thinking that way, I think is an immoral way to live your life. Bad is bad. Good is good. There is no confusing the two. I said something bad about something bad when I should have said something good about something which I do believe is good. People charged with public responsibility, working together for the people their elected to represent. Look, I intended to take serious steps to show I'm sincere on this.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

He should just jump...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

could you imagine rush limbaugh or sean hannity apologizing like that? Major difference between left and right journalists

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

could you imagine rush limbaugh or sean hannity apologizing like that? Major difference between left and right journalists

Yeah it is always an awesome apology when the first sentence is an excuse as to why you made the comments.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah it is always an awesome apology when the first sentence is an excuse as to why you made the comments.

he explains why then apologizes and says there is no excuse for it.. his boss commends him in the next segment.. and you attack the apology... sigh

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

he explains why then apologizes and says there is no excuse for it.. his boss commends him in the next segment.. and you attack the apology... sigh

By the way:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1318718.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

Limbaugh TRIPLE downed on that comment later on... come on lol

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Face it, man, Matthews is as bad as anyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

It's true. He didn't use to be, but over the past few years, MSNBC has just tried to copy the Fox model. Matthews has moved further left with them. Frankly, that network is a joke.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

It's true. He didn't use to be, but over the past few years, MSNBC has just tried to copy the Fox model. Matthews has moved further left with them. Frankly, that network is a joke.

Only to people with common sense. To your average MSNBC, Current TV viewer he is a "respected" journalist. He is just as big a "Feminine hygiene product" as Limbaugh. Just votes the other way.

I have personal reasons for these feelings too because my wife, who is the least political person I know, has dealt with him many times as he was on the board of her company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast