Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Then why do so many of them vote?

Do you have stats on that?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

But that's the thing though. I listen to conservative talk radio and watch Fox News, and that's how they're portraying everyone that voted for Obama. We've converted to a nation of moochers because we voted for this guy, they say. And they're dead wrong to categorize Obama voters this way. I don't live off the government, you're right. Far from it. But I don't mind helping my fellow Americans by paying taxes. I'm not an overly religious person, but I've always believe that if we're ever judged in any sort of afterlife, it will be on how we treated the "least" among us. I don't know when "lower taxes" and "patriotism" got married, but they should get divorced. Somewhere along the line, we just stopped wanting to help each other, and it became a culture of "me, me and me." Sometimes people on here bash Canadians, but I've spent my fair share of time around them, and everybody seems to want to help other Canadians (and Americans who just so happened to be lost in Canada, like myself).

I just want to know when that part of our culture left. I want to help people. If my taxes go up to help my fellow Americans, so be it. I'll sacrifice for them. We're all going to have to make big sacrifices for each other, and it's about time that we have the stones to get out there and do it.

Lower taxes and patriotism were married in the 1760s. I agree that we should all help our fellow man. We should do that on an individual level, though, and not through a wasteful and corrupt government. When did helping people become having the government take your money and give it to someone else to whom you have no connection?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

CBO says tax hike on wealthy will reduce growth by 0.25% in 2013.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/11/cbo...l-hurt-growth/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no it is not everyone, but the huge majority of those receiving entitlements vote for the people who will keep giving it to them, pretty common sense to me.

is it wrong, I guess if you are one of them, no. but if you are not you have to wonder how much do i have to keep giving before they can stand on their own? 30% is extreme. the whooping 2% raise i got his year may cover the costs of higher taxes, so i worked my butt off everyday, with over 2 months of overtime worth of hours, only to give it away?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Lower taxes and patriotism were married in the 1760s. I agree that we should all help our fellow man. We should do that on an individual level, though, and not through a wasteful and corrupt government. When did helping people become having the government take your money and give it to someone else to whom you have no connection?

So you only want to help people you personally know? Are you an organ donor? Is there a stipulation that whoever gets them must be someone you know?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Last I check this is not the 1760's. This is what the GOP just cant grasp. Everything is so more complex today that some of the polices made in 1760's just dont work today. Following Adam Smith's Economic policy would just fail.

and to answer your question it is the US Constitution

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

CBO says tax hike on wealthy will reduce growth by 0.25% in 2013.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/11/cbo...l-hurt-growth/

That is not what the report said...

here is the full text

Or another way to put it is that raising those top-end rates would hurt growth by 0.25 pct points. And keep in mind the economy might well grow less than 2% next year as is. I think losing a quarter point is a pretty good chunk of growth.

The overall effect would be 1.75% then 2% and i would disagree with that statement your assertion for the writers point.

The Reuters Article
    that your writer quoted from is actually more on point here.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

O'Reilly, Palin and Rove ?
    This is the face of the GOP?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mickeymantlefanno7's Items on eBay

Oreilly was right on people Obama gave and extended entitlements our society is now expecting them / that is why obama got relected Romney had a plan to get us back on track increaseing trade with central america was one huge one obama has not passed a budget since he has been in office he is required to under law to do so every 330 something days law is from 1974 the realization is this during the next 4 years obama is going to take us over 20 trillion dollars with his indiscretional spending and that is a fact you think this economey stinks now wait until this time next year especially if they dont figure out something on the bush tax cuts

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Oreilly was right on people Obama gave and extended entitlements our society is now expecting them / that is why obama got relected Romney had a plan to get us back on track increaseing trade with central america was one huge one obama has not passed a budget since he has been in office he is required to under law to do so every 330 something days law is from 1974 the realization is this during the next 4 years obama is going to take us over 20 trillion dollars with his indiscretional spending and that is a fact you think this economey stinks now wait until this time next year especially if they dont figure out something on the bush tax cuts

You just don't get it. Here everyone who voted Obama is telling you why they voted for Obama and you're trying to tell them it's something else. Maybe stop telling people what their motives are in some sad effort to feel better about yourselves and listen to what the people who voted are actually saying. Until you get that, you'll never get the truth. It's being spoonfed to you and you still deny it exists. Unbelievable.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast