I am no genius, but this looks sketchy, let me know what you think

Here is an auction I was looking at with interest to buy and then I noticed, the bidder with 242 feedback that is winning has placed 725 bids on 722 different items, and of course all 725 bids have been with the seller. I dont usually make these kind of threads, this just seems ridiculous

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-000-500-CARD-LOT-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-AUTO-PATCH-LOGO-ROOKIE-RC-SP-GAME-USED-1-/290807883108?pt=US_Football&hash=item43b5802564

i know the seller of this auction and due to the fact that there is 3 days remaining it might be legit
    his feedback pretty much is on course for how he is in real life...he goes to alot of shows and spends hundreds of dollars on your stuff then throws them on the bay that night. he is actually a complete tool...he tried to punk people out by letting go of there cards alot cheaper than what he wants to buy them for...he picked up a stack of my stuff once and we had a agreement on the stack for 300...then he wanted my ap sp authentic auto patch and i told him i wanted 350 for it. he told me that he would give me 500 for the lot and if i didnt take it he wasnt going to buy nothing...
    needless to say he only purchased the original stack as i wasnt going to fall for it....
    i would say stay away from it because he shows alot of nice cards on the pictures then fills the remaining up with junk
    jmo though
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is no available
    Hidden Content NO LONGER COLLECT...IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING IN MY BUCKET PLEASE PM ME OR ILL TRADE FOR NINTENDO STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by basketball10 View Post
    Here is an auction I was looking at with interest to buy and then I noticed, the bidder with 242 feedback that is winning has placed 725 bids on 722 different items, and of course all 725 bids have been with the seller. I dont usually make these kind of threads, this just seems ridiculous

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-000-500-CARD-LOT-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-AUTO-PATCH-LOGO-ROOKIE-RC-SP-GAME-USED-1-/290807883108?pt=US_Football&hash=item43b5802564
    I'd say that looks pretty suspicious. It will be interesting to see if he bumps it again.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

Just read through some of his feedback, I can't believe there are quite a few people bidding on his stuff!

I've boughten from him before but it was only on single cards and never paid more then I was willing to spend. Does look mightily suspicious though. Like others have said, will be interesting to see if #242 bumps it up at all.
    Collect Star/HOF patches and autos
    I don't collect non-auto RC unless that is all the player has!
    If it isn't listed in Beckett as a RC, THEN IT ISNT A RC!
    If you want DC, then you can pay the $17+ it will cost!
    Photobucket: Hidden Content

After looking at the pics I have no clue why its going for over $700, there are no great cards and the cards of the actual good players are junk cards. God I hope this is a shill thing because if people are willing to pay that for those cards then I obviously need to go through my stuff and toss up a lot on ebay. I have tons of patches and autos of has beens and never weres and I've been holding then thinking it wasn't wortht he effort but it this is real then I need get to selling them as a lot. I could toss in a handful of next to worthless jersey cads of 2nd tier and barely star players too just like this guy did.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    I will NOT send paypal as a gift!!! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to protect myself, than leave myself open to be scammed with NO recourse!!!

This seller is infamous for shill bidding, lots of his stuff is like this
    Casey
    -----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by babyhuey-76 View Post
    I've boughten from him before but it was only on single cards and never paid more then I was willing to spend. Does look mightily suspicious though. Like others have said, will be interesting to see if #242 bumps it up at all.
    Looks like 242 (244 now) has stopped. If it was a shill it didn't really need to be because at least 4 other people have bid over his last bid. Still looks fishy to me.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

seller is a scammer, can you say that? S C A M M E R
    proven scammer, fake patches, counterfeit cards and shill bidding, etc...
    thousands of victims, his partner was even arrested for scamming
    what do you expect from a criminal and complete fraud?