Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would not get Upper Deck if your are going to get them signed because of the UV coating ( very good chance your autos will be faded over time )

Score or OPC would be best IMHO

Never had that problem yet,if the card is prepped good the auto won't fade.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

Well I received the sportlots package today consisting of 91 Topps and 91 Score cards, for TTM they both look like they will do fine, as far as looks, I love the Topps card better as far as the front of the card, the purple Score theme is kinda weird, however as always it seems like the Score cards had a little more effort done on the back, I've always preferred cards that would have a paragraph or two on the back as opposed to just stats and a one-liner.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Never had that problem yet,if the card is prepped good the auto won't fade.

Let me guess take an eraser to the card to remove the UV coating.

It is a easier IMHO to have use a card that does not have a UV coating

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know if you were looking for 91/92 specifically but there were some sets released afterwards that look quite nice and would work for TTM as they're cheap usually and on Sportlots. Obviously many of the players in 91/92 are in these sets.

93 Leaf, 94 Donruss, 94 Leaf Limited (awesome design imo), 94 Parkhurst Vintage SE, 94 Ultra

93 Leaf

94 Leaf Limited, it shows black but it's actually silver:

94 Parkhurst SE Vintage

94 Ultra (the back is the cool part)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

How about 1991-92 Classic Original Six?

If you plan on doing score, stick to the red bordered cards as they look the best:

Collecting Jim Carey cards!

Blog Entries
    Country

Sportfreund - Thanks for the input, they are beautiful looking cards, I have some Fleer baseball cards and they look really good, they are too glossy for autos though, I know with the right care and prep work you can get a decent auto but I don't want to do that, also I don't want to have to rely on the hockey players doing the autograph to ensure the ink is dry prior to putting them in the envelope, I'm sure most of them don't really care if the ink smears or not.

jbudny - Wow that first card looks REALLY good for TTM, I might look into them, they are called Classic Original Six? Also, all the Score cards I received are purple, how is your card red? And yes I checked, my cards are the same year, really the only thing thats totally preventing me from completely loving the look of my Score cards that I received are the purple borders.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

yes, classic original six! You can find boxes for very cheap I see them all the time on the local craigslist site for $5-$10 and you have the chance of hitting hard signed cards as well!

The purple border cards are the american version and the red border version is Canadian series 1. Here is a link to a full blog post I did on 91-92 score discussing the different versions of the base cards:

http://collectorscornerccg.blogspot....e-visited.html

Blog Entries
    Country

yes, classic original six! You can find boxes for very cheap I see them all the time on the local craigslist site for $5-$10 and you have the chance of hitting hard signed cards as well!

The purple border cards are the american version and the red border version is Canadian series 1. Here is a link to a full blog post I did on 91-92 score discussing the different versions of the base cards:

http://collectorscornerccg.blogspot....e-visited.html

Nice blog site (bookmarked it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12