Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some advice regarding a PC

Ive been collecting DQwell Jackson for 7 years now- and Ive got probably the nicest single collection of his that Ive ever seen.

Today I was offered a very nice financial sum for my Bowman Chrome Superfractor 1/1 RC

I have been debating breaking up my Jackson collection, after not winning several 1/1s in the past year, and seeing the 1/1 stuff sell for a lot- I could potentially make a large chunk of change on the collection- but if I sell the one card, the rest will follow, and odds are my collecting as a whole will follow the Jacksons out.

So, take the money, or keep working on a PC that I know I will never complete...
    taking a break from trading

I always look at if you can make some decent money, then why not take it. That is unless you want to further your PC.
    I collect Red Sox, Bears, Penguins, Celtics, Brian Urlacher, Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux cards. Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (early stages). If you have a large Photobucket, please list what you have from my wants.
    My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

it was fun for a while, but this year, DQwell is in everything, which means tons more 1/1s and low #d parallels, which is gonna make it impossible to finish

i think Ill sell, and focus on a PC of a guy who wont have more cards made...

Speaking as a guy that just recently did something very similar to this, let me say that it can be very liberating for you as a collector. Not focusing all/most of your energy/money/time on a single player really allows you to broaden your horizons as a collector and check out a lot of "secondary" interests to add some cool stuff to your collection.
    Carey Price fan and collector - want your hard-signed autos!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 195 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

it used to be fun (and relatively inexpensive) but with DQwell playing well and getting hobby love...well, lets just say that I kept losing 1/1s that went for over 50 bucks, which is way more than I ever thought Id have to spend. It was a fun 6 year ride, but since my collecting is decreasing anyways, I might as well make some serious bank on these as opposed to having them sit in a box

I find that new players PC's have become very difficult as there are too many products. It could be costly and time consuming. GL in sellling it off if you do so.
    I collect Red Sox, Bears, Penguins, Celtics, Brian Urlacher, Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux cards. Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (early stages). If you have a large Photobucket, please list what you have from my wants.
    My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

the nice thing is, since i dont NEED the money (i mean, i do, but who doesnt) I can ask my own price and sell stuff off slowly- that way, if I change my mind, I still have most of the stuff left...and i can ask what i want for the cards I do sell.

I have the same problem with Jonathan Stewart and I find it a lot more fulfilling (and cheaper) to go after a set of their cards like the topps chrome rainbow rather than every card. Super collecting one guy is very consuming and you can definitely expand your collection by not just focusing all your resources on just them.

I've contemplated selling some of my smaller PC's to get funds to focus on a few other guys. It's hard to do knowing the amount of money and time you spent on compiling the collection. Why not sell a few cards to add more to the collection. Sure having the 1/1's are nice, but more is better isn't it? Sure you won't have all the 1/1's that you would like to, but if you can add 5+ cards in place of one 1/1, that'd be nice.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Thats the very reason I switched to my HOF PC instead of strictly 49ers. Lots of sets coming out that concentrate on older guys and don't have to hear stuff like, well he rushed for xxx amount of yards so the card is worth more now. Sell the lot at your pace and maybe start a new PC of something that interests you like say rc of players drafted at the age you were when you started collecting or something else fun. Worst thing that can happen is the hobby getting stale on you and not finding the fun anymore.
    Collect Star/HOF patches and autos
    I don't collect non-auto RC unless that is all the player has!
    If it isn't listed in Beckett as a RC, THEN IT ISNT A RC!
    If you want DC, then you can pay the $17+ it will cost!
    Photobucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast