Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    NFC Contenders - Gotta go with the Packers here. While I am tempted to go Bears, you gotta consider the X-factor of Aaron Rodgers. The Bears have a superb defense, but serious questions at QB and RB which counts them out IMO. You gotta keep the Giants in mind too, they always seems to rise up come late December.

AFC Contenders - Gonna make a bit of an underdog pick here. The Denver Broncos. They are 6-3, have the #4 ranked offense, #5 ranked defense and 2 of their 3 losses came in weeks 2 and 3 when Peyton Manning was still new in the system and rusty from 1.5 years out of football. In the last 5 games we have seen a more realistic version of what to expect with them going 4-1 and with the offense averaging 31.4 points per game and Peyton averaging 308 yards per game passing and completing 70% or more of his passes. It is possible that the Broncos will finish the season 12-4 or even 13-3.

Everyone is picking the Texans, but I don't see it. Yes, they are 8-1, but with 4 of those wins being over the Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets and Bills, I am not that impressed. They have a big win over the Broncos (again, with Peyton just in his 3rd game after returning) and looked solid against the Ravens, but they got destroyed by the Packers and nearly lost to the Bears even though the Bears had no running game and Cutler was out after 14 pass attempts.

NFC Pretenders - I am going with the Seahawks. Their 10th ranked defense is keeping in the game, but their 20th ranked offense will cause them to fall flat down the stretch. 4 of their final 6 games are a game against the Bears and three division rival games against the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams, all tough games. I don't see them winning the NFC West and if they make the playoffs it will probably be as the 6th seed which means a road game against the Packers, 49ers or Giants and a qucik exit from the playoffs.

AFC Pretenders - Gonna make another surprise pick here...my beloved Steelers. They have no identity and no leadership. Under Mike Tomlin they have gone from a 3-4 smash-mouth defense and a powerhouse running game to a 3-4 defense that is lost and makes few big plays and a pass-happy offense that can't run the ball and rarely has a big day passing. They are inconsistent, they play ugly, they win by getting lucky. Their only saving grace is BigBen's low INT numbers or they would be 3-6 instead of 6-3. Like the Seahawks, if they make the playoffs it will be as a wildcard and they will most likely to have to play a road game in Denver or Baltimore which means a quick exit from the playoffs.
    I have to agree with most of this however I believe the Texans are still the favorite. The Nearly won in the that playoff game last year and that was with a few people injured, matt schaub, And the bears game was just horrible for both teams and the defense showed that they are legitimate contenders. However the Broncos are a scary team and good just be the team this year.
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

The New York Giants are complete pretenders, and their QB is the most overrated QB in Football (even more so than Joe Flacco).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    NFC Contenders - Gotta go with the Packers here. While I am tempted to go Bears, you gotta consider the X-factor of Aaron Rodgers. The Bears have a superb defense, but serious questions at QB and RB which counts them out IMO. You gotta keep the Giants in mind too, they always seems to rise up come late December.

AFC Contenders - Gonna make a bit of an underdog pick here. The Denver Broncos. They are 6-3, have the #4 ranked offense, #5 ranked defense and 2 of their 3 losses came in weeks 2 and 3 when Peyton Manning was still new in the system and rusty from 1.5 years out of football. In the last 5 games we have seen a more realistic version of what to expect with them going 4-1 and with the offense averaging 31.4 points per game and Peyton averaging 308 yards per game passing and completing 70% or more of his passes. It is possible that the Broncos will finish the season 12-4 or even 13-3.

Everyone is picking the Texans, but I don't see it. Yes, they are 8-1, but with 4 of those wins being over the Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets and Bills, I am not that impressed. They have a big win over the Broncos (again, with Peyton just in his 3rd game after returning) and looked solid against the Ravens, but they got destroyed by the Packers and nearly lost to the Bears even though the Bears had no running game and Cutler was out after 14 pass attempts.

NFC Pretenders - I am going with the Seahawks. Their 10th ranked defense is keeping in the game, but their 20th ranked offense will cause them to fall flat down the stretch. 4 of their final 6 games are a game against the Bears and three division rival games against the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams, all tough games. I don't see them winning the NFC West and if they make the playoffs it will probably be as the 6th seed which means a road game against the Packers, 49ers or Giants and a qucik exit from the playoffs.

AFC Pretenders - Gonna make another surprise pick here...my beloved Steelers. They have no identity and no leadership. Under Mike Tomlin they have gone from a 3-4 smash-mouth defense and a powerhouse running game to a 3-4 defense that is lost and makes few big plays and a pass-happy offense that can't run the ball and rarely has a big day passing. They are inconsistent, they play ugly, they win by getting lucky. Their only saving grace is BigBen's low INT numbers or they would be 3-6 instead of 6-3. Like the Seahawks, if they make the playoffs it will be as a wildcard and they will most likely to have to play a road game in Denver or Baltimore which means a quick exit from the playoffs.
    Id have to agree with this post, I dont know why people are so high on the Bears, they only have one true go to reciever in Marshall, while Jefferey had his development slowed by his hand injury. Giants are just having a cold november, they should be fine once Eli gets back to himself. every team has questions, except maybe the Denver broncos, who seem like the most complete team overall

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    I have to agree with most of this however I believe the Texans are still the favorite. The Nearly won in the that playoff game last year and that was with a few people injured, matt schaub, And the bears game was just horrible for both teams and the defense showed that they are legitimate contenders. However the Broncos are a scary team and good just be the team this year.
    I will feel more positive (or negative) about the Texans in a few weeks. 4 wins over crappy teams, getting slaughtered by the Packers and squeaking out a win versus a week Bears didn't impress me much. After another gimmee game with the Jaguars at home the Texans go on the road for 3 weeks against the Lions, Titans and Patriots. If they go 0-3 in those 3 games then they are exactly who I think they are. if they can win at least 2 of those 3 games then I will be impressed.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123