Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dude0100's Items on eBay

AlexTheGr8's Expo Weekend Adventures!

Hi everyone,

Another Expo has come and sadly gone. On the brighter side, it seems that the Expos keep getting better each and every time! I'd name off everyone I wanted to thank for contributing to my Expo experience but (I know this sounds corny) there is literally too many awesome members and people that I shared good times with this weekend to remember. We can save the sappy stuff for later though. Here's my Expo haulage:

Saturday morning started off with a bang. Myself and a few other members decided to organize a five box draft of Artifacts at the Upper Deck booth. I unfortunately landed the 5th pick out of six guys. The first overall pick went to Paul Samborski (of course) who was lucky enough to land an Ovechkin Priority Signings /8. Even with the fifth pick, I managed to land these goodies:

The Teubert has already been spoken for.

The rest of the day had me hanging out with the crew at the CnC booth, watching and sometimes helping open boxes upon boxes of SPGU at the Upper Deck booth for the case breaker promotion, and scouring the floor for singles. Here's what I managed to pick up for my various PCs/sets:

I was able to find the Hall FWA for a fair price and decided to pick one up since I still needed one for my set after trading my copy away for some Pietrangelo PC cards. Powder132366 was lucky enough to land the Blues (sarcasm) in one of the case breaks of Certified that CnC held at the Expo and approached me about the team die-cut /50 of Pietrangelo that he landed in the break. Thank you sir! I'm not actively pursuing the nameplates from Prime or 08/09 UD Black just because of the length of them (11 letters) but I saw the "L" in a showcase for $10 and I couldn't pass that deal up. The Sakic was purchased for my top 10 point scorers PC from CnC's very own and SportsCardDirect.com owner turboshockey. I was looking to get a hard-signed auto so my 08/09 BAP Auto of Joe Sakic is now available FT/FS. The Bill Haas is for my SPA Golf Rookie auto /699 and /299 set. I now only need the Matteo Manassero /299 and Gary Woodland /299 for my set.

After the Expo on Saturday, myself and approximately 25 other members headed down to Real Sports Bar and Grill in Toronto for dinner and drinks (of the non-alcoholic variety, of course ;)). If you have not checked out Real Sports in Toronto, I 100% recommend it. Here are some photos from the VIP section that I took (Yes, card collectors are considered VIPs ;)):

After the Raptors game concluded, some real VIPs had dinner at the tables across from our booth. DeMar DeRozan and Terrence Ross of the Toronto Raptors enjoyed some Real Sports food with their lady friends. Unfortunately, the Panini and Upper Deck crew had to crash the part which made us over the fire capacity limit so we had to move the party to the bar upstairs. Here are some pictures from upstairs:

The party continued on into the wee hours of the night in room #OneDoubleOh7 and finished off with me getting locked inside the hotel elevator. Yes, locked inside. Don't ask, don't tell. ;)

Sunday was more of the same of Saturday at the Expo. I was fortunate enough to get an autograph of Barrie Colts star Aaron Ekblad. He is one of the top prospects for the 2014 draft after getting exceptional player status last year in the OHL and winning Rookie of the Year honors:

Well, that was my Expo loot for Fall 2012. Thank you to those that managed to make it this far in my thread. ;) Once again, a huge shoutout to everyone that made my Expo experience a great one and I can't wait to make the Spring Expo an even better one! Everything that's not marked PC is available for trade for Alex Pietrangelo cards that I need or for sale.

Alex

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (273)
    Country

Sounds like you have a blast Alex and were able to pick up a fer great gems for your pc. One of these years I will make it down to the Expo.

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds like you had an awesome time there. Nice card haul you picked up. Sadly I missed the expo for the 2nd consecutive time.