Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What to buy with a tight budget?

Geting back into this hobby and in a spending mood as the holidays are approaching, with about $50-80 dollars as a budget what should I go for? Any boxes are within this price range (old or new) but have a solid yield of hits? Or should I get lots of singles and start trading on here?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I would highly recommend singles. Boxes have the element of surprise, sure, but the "hits" you get may not be of players highly sought after, you know? Might as well buy a known quantity...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

I'd go the singles route

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

90% of the time singles are the way to go and offer the best value.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

It really depends on your collecting goals. I always look for inexpensive singles (autos, nice rookies, PC players, etc) to pick up but if I am in a buying mood and am looking for a box I would get something like nba hoops, leaf draft pics or score football. They may not offer all of the high end stuff but you will still get a good amount of rookies and the non glossy design is perfect for IP/TTM autos and you still may get an auto in the box.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (50)
    Country
    See ccblec's Items on eBay

Why not go with a box of 11/12 Panini Limited and try your luck for a nice rookie auto redemption? :)

-Brandon