Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need help on a Trade Gone Poorly - MOD or Anyone. Thanks.

I am not sure where to post this, but I need some MODs or other peoples opnions please.

I set up a trade, the person sent it with a DC#. Apparently the post office lost the package. The sender will not return my PM's, so I put the trade into dispute, and the MOD closed it out simply because the sender supplied the DC#. I am at a loss trying to understand how it is my fault that the package got lost and now I am out $165. The post office says that it is the SENDERS responsibility to submit a claim, so there is nothing I can do, I am not sure if they insured it or not.

Any advice on how to handle this would be great. I just don't think it is the buyers responsibility to make sure the package gets to my mailbox.

Thanks.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Jon......the issue is really whether it was insured or not. If there was no insurance purchased the Postal service will not allow a claim. More importantly, if no insurance was purchased than legally the sender does not have to do anything. Morally, is a different story. I would be happy to pm and ak if he insured iT, but he may or may not respond.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess I didn't realize that once it left the other persons hand it was my responsibility. I guess I always thought that until it was in my hands it wasn't my card. Whenever I have sent anything I have always assumed that it was my job to make sure it gets to the person safe and sound. I would not expect the person I traded/sold it to, to be responsible for it prior to it arriving.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

No, actually, once the other member sends it with a DC it is the responsibility of the Post Office....your is is with them if the DC was legit. The Postal Service, will do it's best to track down the package, but if it is not insured then they do not reimburse the receiver or the sender It stinks, but I would always ask for insurance on anything over $50 in the future......it is the only way 100 percent sure you will either get the product or the money back.

Would you mind sending me the DC # and I can take a look I would be interested to see where it was lost. Sorry this happened to you brother!

SCF Rewards
    Country

it says it was out for delivery on the 2nd. But thats the last it says.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would ask the mailman if it dropped in his truck or something he has to scan it when it gets to your house so if it wasnt scanned delivered than its still in his bag or dropped in the truck. I had this happen to me and it ended up falling out of his bag in his truck he found it after I asked about it or he would of never noticed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will see if I can catch the mail person sometime. Thanks for the tip.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will see if I can catch the mail person sometime. Thanks for the tip.

Yea the sooner the better thou he might even remember it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also found out that I cannot leave negative feedback, and if I do, it will get removed, which I think sucks because the seller won't return any of my messages or e-mails to help me figure this out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also found out today that I cannot leave ANY feedback. This is really great, the guys sends out a package, it gets lost, he won't respond to me to help me locate it, since the PO told me the SENDER is the one that needs to contact them, and now I can't leave positive, negative, or neutral feedback.

What a great experience this trade was!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast