Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

White Americans feel they are more discriminated against than blacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-against.html

The results, published in the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science, showed that on average blacks saw anti-white bias rising slightly from 1.4 in the 1950s to 1.8 today.
    Blacks also perceived that racism against themselves had steeply declined from 9.7 in the 1950s to 6.1 in the 90s.
    White respondents, however, saw a very different picture.
    For the 2000s, 11 per cent of whites gave anti-white bias the maximum 10 out of 10 rating, compared with only two per cent of whites who did so for anti-black bias.
    Whites believed that discrimination against them had increased from an average of 1.8 in the 1950s to 4.7 in the 2000s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Bw3ICatQ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have as much issue with the validity of this as the ones veg posted and for the same reasons. With that said, as a young, white male it does often seem that I am considered politically incorrect by definition, and that's not a good feeling. Many people still talk about "The White Man" as being evil. Well, I am the white man and I don't think I'm evil, yet it seems the only way I can be seen as not racist is to call myself evil. It sucks and, while I know what blacks and other minorities have gone and are going through is worse, it's still a label I don't deserve but have to carry. It's not reverse racism. There's nothing reverse about it. It's racism and it's just as wrong as anything whites did to others.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so you have an issue with the journal and with harvard being the source???
    what source could be more legit and unbiased?

i agree with you on the rest, i am a middle aged, Christian, white male, the most evil thing on earth according to some.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have a problem with using a survey to measure racism. I just don't think racism is something that can be objectively measured at all. That's my issue.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Poor white people...if only they had more power in the U.S!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Poor white people...if only they had more power in the U.S!

^^^^^^Hence the thoughts of the survey. ^^^^^^^

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, it's nonsense.

They are the Majority, they hold most of the power, and they have NEVER had it tough in this country.

I don't want to hear any whining.

This is like the Christians saying that they are persecuted in a country where 70% of the population believes what they believe.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, it's nonsense.

They are the Majority, they hold most of the power, and they have NEVER had it tough in this country.

This is like the Christians saying that they are persecuted in a country where 70% of the population believes what they believe.

Just wait a dew years, man.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I heard some white supremicist say that over the next few generations with all the interracial relationships we would have a world of mixed brown people with no more races. I thought to my self what an idiotic statement.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

No, it's nonsense.

Wow....you are just like your statemate.

"THEY"? How about me who was beat up and had a gun and razor to my head and throat in MIDDLE SCHOOL for no other fact than the color of MY skin.

Grow up little boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast