Post Blast from the past hockey top 10 list from early 1997

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Beezer!!!!!! I wish I could get $50 for my Beezer RCs!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: (click links to see want lists)
    Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (22% complete)

...and to a lesser extent

Hidden Content
    (61% complete) / Hidden Content (43% complete) / Brian Propp (50% complete)

I love those 95-96 Finest cards!

But how could a Yzerman RC just only be $10 more than Vanbiesbrouck!?
    Now that's a huge difference now and then because Yzerman didn't got same hobby-love at 1997 as now if I'm correct.
    It was ineed a another time before when Red Wings finally won SC first time for a long time and started a new dynasty and when Yzerman changed his playstyle....
    PC-PLAYERS: Tom Barrasso & Johan Hedberg - Hidden Content
    MOST WANTED!!!
    *13-14 PANINI PRIME COLORS - TOM BARRASSO - PAYS WELL!
    AND ALL CARDS WITH BARRASSO FROM 13-14 PANINI NATIONAL TREASURES/FLAWLESS

In 1997, Vanbiesbrouck was with the Florida Panthers. The Panthers had advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals in 1996, losing to the Avalanche. That may explain the jump in value of his RC.

Yzerman had not yet won a cup when this list was published. Ironically, the Red Wings did win the cup in 1997.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: (click links to see want lists)
    Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (22% complete)

...and to a lesser extent

Hidden Content
    (61% complete) / Hidden Content (43% complete) / Brian Propp (50% complete)

I have 4 of the top 10, that's not bad, too bad it's not 1997 anymore, but I sure love seeing these old top 10 lists
    collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton
    bucket: Hidden Content
    wantlist: Hidden Content and Hidden Content

Everyone notice that every one of those cards is a common issue?

Not one is a parallel, an insert of a mind-numbing piece of fabric. The way it should be.

That's fun to see. Makes me want to pull out my old Becketts.
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Kurri primarily, but also have an interest in Fuhr, MacInnis, Bossy, and Coffey as an Oiler primarily. Also Gretz(especially '90s inserts), '70s-early '80s St. Louis Blues, 02/03 Foundations Signs of Greatness, 500 Goal themed cards, '70s Cowboys esp. Staubach, and '70s Kelloggs baseball and football cards.

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post

Not one is a parallel, an insert of a mind-numbing piece of fabric. The way it should be.
    The inserts, parallels, game used, autographs, etc. had their own top 10. I scan both but usually post the non insert part first. The insert part will be posted soon.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post

Why does it have to be a certain way? Collect what you like, there's no blueprint.