Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Awesome PC mailday!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Awesome PC mailday!

So, while enjoying a movie with my family today before I have to get ready for work there was a knock on the door. We weren't expecting anyone, & especially not the postman. (We live on the top floor of our apartment building.) My wife answers the door & turns around with this rather large cardboard tube & instantly looks at me to ask me what I bought now? Now, of course I am expecting a package later in the week, but nothing that should arrive in a cylinder package. I immediately look at the return address & it's from the Vanderbilt University Athletic Department. I have written & called them several times each trying to find out information about how I can obtain one of the new baseball schedule posters that feature Michael Yastrzemski. Each time I told them how I would love to get one personally, but the drive from Indiana is just too far for me to make with my current work schedule, especially when I've only gotten 9 days off since the week before Christmas last year. Anyway, I open up the tube with extreme excitement because I know it just has to be one of the posters. Out falls one of the pocket schedules & I see the poster rolled up inside & carefully remove it. As I'm unrolling it I start to notice a signature on it....then another....& another. The entire team signed it for me! I would've never expected them to do this for me, but I am ever so thankful that they did! My perseverance paid off big time! So let's hear it for Baseball America's #2 ranked team in the nation! GO DORES!!!

Thanks so much VU!

SCF Rewards
    Country

that is awesome. i had the pleasure of talking to some of the players last year when they played at LSU. a great bunch of kids.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

What a success!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

that is awesome. i had the pleasure of talking to some of the players last year when they played at LSU. a great bunch of kids.

Thanks! I was completely blown away by the generosity of the team to take the time to do this for me! I never thought that I'd get such an amazing gift! Now all I need to do is find a frame to fit the 14 x 36 poster!