Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ITG overdoing it

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

Player collectors that want every card made need to stick a fork in it already, it's over.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

If you have to have every single one, be lucky you aren't a modern day PC collector with the likes of Tavares. Tavares alone had 20 memorabilia or auto cards in Artifacts. 3 are 1/1s, 1 /2, 1 /3. 20 Mem pieces.

I agree. I guess there isn't 'Tavares guys' left at all? I mean collector who wants all the stuff out there.
    Rivals set alone had 27 Gilmour Memorabilia or auto cards. 4 are 1/1s, 2 /3, 2 /6 rest mainly /9 and short print autos + all the expo stuff including many 1/1 cards.
    Like I told before, I like or even love superlative set. There is plenty of same level Gilmour stuff + expos, that's why it is hard to enjoy even that set right now, because of Rivals. What ITG could do better is they can limit same player stuff in one set somewhere 10-15 copies. So guys like me can still hanging on.. or am I selfish?

Same thing happened in Bley Blanc & Rouge and Franchise series which were really difficult.

Harri

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Interesting.....

From the information from posters above, it appears that players like Bossy are now having more cards produced in one Issue than they did in their entire playing careers.

That's nonsense.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I prefer to bust a box of ITG and pull something like these than opening a UD product, and getting an autograph of a bench-warmer who played 15 games 3 seasons ago.

Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Such is the nature of the hobby today. Jean Beliveau has just over 1400 cards produced. Of those, only 70 were produced during his actual playing career. There have been two seasons in the past five years where there have been 50 autograph cards alone made of him. The memorabilia cards are another story entirely. It all ties into what I said earlier about ensuring that anybody that wants to get something of a particular player will have the readily available supply to ensure it happens.

Interesting.....

From the information from posters above, it appears that players like Bossy are now having more cards produced in one Issue than they did in their entire playing careers.

That's nonsense.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

The companies wouldn't produce so many cards and products if collectors were not buying them. Unfortunately people are, including myself. It is a complete waste of money and I regret my addiction spending on cards. It is too much for me and right now I'm trying to scale back my collection and be very selective about what I buy. I might even need to sell some of my PC.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

The companies wouldn't produce so many cards and products if the big buyers were not buying them.

I chanced one word to an another. I don't blame them, but this is our hobby today. Card companies produced high volume sets and some big buyers buy them because of fun. Then they maximize their income and selling cards asap on ebay. Trading is out of question. Cards lose their value quickly, because there are so many that no one can any longer to collect them.

Over and out. Let there be a new series of high-end market!! WOW!! (sarcasm)

Harri

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The companies wouldn't produce so many cards and products if collectors were not buying them. Unfortunately people are, including myself. It is a complete waste of money and I regret my addiction spending on cards. It is too much for me and right now I'm trying to scale back my collection and be very selective about what I buy. I might even need to sell some of my PC.

I understand. The fact that more Steve Yzerman and other HOF cards that I once collected are now being produced in greater quantities than ever before, is what is taking me away from this hobby and making it much easier for my exit.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

Wow, are we really at the point of complaining about companies providing too much good content in their products. Would you rather they fill the hits with 3rd line/minor league scrubs like Upper Deck does? Is it possible to please anyone in this hobby anymore?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

I think ITG is grasping at whatever market share they can possibly obtain. They will never have the truly mainstream so they hover around the edges and scavenge. They do it by any means necessary. They havent had an original concept or innovation . I posted this before, they have deliverd the famed "Canyonero" that Homer Simpson developed, They rolled every other company's good idea into one gawdy abortion of a card . It's patched, jerseyed , signed serial numbered and worst of all slabbed, (none of which is ITG genius) and as they get weaker and lose ground , all they do is decrease print runs, or add a flashier patch or add a 9th player to the card, hoping to dupe you into believing you have something special. The silly thing is when they take your mike bossy card, they still make a boat load , they just pretend its awesome by making 100 cards /10 rather than a thousand......They are putting lipstick on a pig
    Last edited by dornhoffer; 11-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast