Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See scup89's Items on eBay

error card is it worth more or less

have this malkin 1/1 auto that someone at upper deck put the sticker on backwards
    my question is this does an error on a card reduce or increse the value what are your thoughts
    i think it decreases the value expecially on a 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've seen a fair share of wrong player, upside down stickers BUT never have I've seen a backwards auto!

Nice card nonetheless !

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

No premium on errors.

The last error rewarede is the Konstantinov RC from OPC Premier in the early 90's

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The only time that Errors ever got a premium.... what when card companies also corrected those errors. The Konstantinov RC that centrehice mentioned, his name was spelt wrong.... OPC fixed it..... but people were paying a big premium to get one of the Error versions becuase they were harder to find.

For something like that - I don't know. It's a 1/1 - so I would expect Malkin collectors to pay a premium due to that. The backwards auto though.... its certainly unique, but in a bad way. In an auction I could see the final price being horribly low (due to the backwards auto) but if two (or more) collectors really wanted it becuase of the uniqueness.... you never know? Could go for a lot more?

BANNED

Country

thanks for the input guys it still stuns me how somebody can put an auto on backwards but then again i never noticed it until later on

i was wondering i dont have acess to beckett online is this card listed?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait... how could this have been put on backwards? Isn't the sticky part of the sticker only on one side? Upside down, yes. But backwards? That would mean Malkin signed the sticky side of the sticker auto. I don't get. And yes, I'd put it up for auction and let two (or more) collectors battle it out.

BANNED

Country

I guess your right instead of sticking it left to right they stuck it right to left still looks like the auto is backwards on the card