Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 146
  1. #101


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    I'm not "that guy" haha, I've never called Alex unamerican or to move away. So I can complain when he calls these people unamerican.

    And the point of my post is that he is doing the same as those who call him unamerican.
    No, I know you're not that guy and I know what you're saying. And anyone saying that about these petitioners has no room to complain about the same being said of them in the future.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Alex: When you talk about how great Europe is and can't wait until the USA is just like European countries and people tell you that you are unamerican and you should just move to Europe if you don't like it how it is here, you get mad don't you? Well you two are doing the exact same thing right now. Your inconsistency is ridiculous.
    Oh Goody, now we're comparing apples to oranges.....

    First of all, I have NEVER gotten mad over someone calling me un-American, I really don't care because they are using that terminology incorrect.

    What I have talked about is my social ideology in regards to the U.S and Europe. I admire Europe because they are much more progressive and their politics are more in line with my own. Yes, I wish this country was more like Europe, but not to the extent that they became just like them either.

    For example, I wish we had a better health care service so no American has to worry about going bankrupt because they can't pay their ridiculous medical bills, or because the FRAUDULENT insurance companies care more about billion dollar profits than actually helping people.

    I wish we could realize that religion isn't the "end all be all" and we could become more moderate (at least) and stop letting every single policy be dictated by a Book!

    I wish we could realize how stupid it is to spend so much money on our bloated military and start spending more of that money on infrastructure, schools, and our citizens......call me crazy but I would rather help people than kill them!

    This is my ideology, call me un-American all you want but you are using the terminology wrong.

    I have NEVER called anyone un-American for being anti-abortion or pro-big business or anti-gay marriage or being against any of my political views.

    PLEASE, I implore you to find ANY post where I have even used the phrase "Un-American" other than this thread.

    Yes, I'm using this phrase now because it's finally being used correctly.

    A person who doesn't like the rules of this country and doesn't want to be part of this country anymore but not to the extent that he just leaves it and goes elsewhere, but to the extent that he HURTS this country by trying to separate it and possibly cause irrefutable damage to the rest of us.

    ^This is what un-American means to me.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 11-16-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Islam is the religion of peace.....what? Stop laughing!

    Remember, Christianity is the religion of love....ok, that one's a joke...

  3. #103



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,474
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    @tpeichel.....I couldn't care less about what Ron Paul says, I view him as a person with a few good ideas and a LOT of bad ideas, personally he's probably one iota better than your regular GOP.

    Any "American" that signs a petition wanting to secede from the Union is a TRAITOR, plain and simple!

    They only like the constitution and our government when they get things their way, they're a sorry bunch of sore losers, the type of kids that would literally take the ball and go home when they lose a ball game.

    What I find ironic about all of this is that a lot of these people are the same idiots who would shout "If you don't like America, GET OUT!" whenever their opponents said anything bad about America.

    But they're too cowardly to actually leave the U.S, they want to stay and enjoy the benefits this country offers but they don't want to abide by our constitution and government.....what a pathetic disgrace these people are!
    The problem is that we have elected leaders who swear to uphold the constitution yet violate it on a regular basis. I'm not going to list all the ways individual liberties and freedoms are getting stripped away again, but it is real, it is happening. America is supposed to be a limited, constitutional government and we have strayed so far from that ideal that the country is hardly recognizable.

    The Constitution states that any power not specifically delineated in the Constitution as a Federal power shall remain with the states and individuals. This has been violated in so many ways that it would be laughable for anyone to try and argue that we currently have a constitutional government.
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  4. #104


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    The fact remains , Alex, you're wrong this time.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    The fact remains , Alex, you're wrong this time.
    No, your opinion is that I'm wrong, there is nothing factually wrong with what I said.

    I don't like using the term "Un-American" since it was born from an incorrect usage.

    To be perfectly fair maybe I should've used something else to describe these idiots.

    Anti-Constitutional is probably a better term....and PLEASE don't tell me they are abiding to it just because they sign a stupid petition, big deal.

    I can make a petition saying the following:

    "I wish to ignore the constitution and the political process to how we elect our president, my guy lost the election and I'm very angry, thus I wish to no longer be an American and I want my state to become it's own country because the constitution is stupid and if I don't get things my way then I don't want to play with you guys anymore"

    ^There, I just correctly paraphrased the secession petition.....I followed ONE part of the constitution while completely trashing it at the same time.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 11-16-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Islam is the religion of peace.....what? Stop laughing!

    Remember, Christianity is the religion of love....ok, that one's a joke...

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Oh Goody, now we're comparing apples to oranges.....

    First of all, I have NEVER gotten mad over someone calling me un-American, I really don't care because they are using that terminology incorrect.

    What I have talked about is my social ideology in regards to the U.S and Europe. I admire Europe because they are much more progressive and their politics are more in line with my own. Yes, I wish this country was more like Europe, but not to the extent that they became just like them either.

    For example, I wish we had a better health care service so no American has to worry about going bankrupt because they can't pay their ridiculous medical bills, or because the FRAUDULENT insurance companies care more about billion dollar profits than actually helping people.

    I wish we could realize that religion isn't the "end all be all" and we could become more moderate (at least) and stop letting every single policy be dictated by a Book!

    I wish we could realize how stupid it is to spend so much money on our bloated military and start spending more of that money on infrastructure, schools, and our citizens......call me crazy but I would rather help people than kill them!

    This is my ideology, call me un-American all you want but you are using the terminology wrong.

    I have NEVER called anyone un-American for being anti-abortion or pro-big business or anti-gay marriage or being against any of my political views.

    PLEASE, I implore you to find ANY post where I have even used the phrase "Un-American" other than this thread.

    Yes, I'm using this phrase now because it's finally being used correctly.

    A person who doesn't like the rules of this country and doesn't want to be part of this country anymore but not to the extent that he just leaves it and goes elsewhere, but to the extent that he HURTS this country by trying to separate it and possibly cause irrefutable damage to the rest of us.

    ^This is what un-American means to me.
    Yes, I understand what you believe, please tell me why telling everyone your beliefs AGAIN proves that I'm comparing apples to oranges.

  7. #107


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    No, your opinion is that I'm wrong, there is nothing factually wrong with what I said.

    I don't like using the term "Un-American" since it was born from an incorrect usage.

    To be perfectly fair maybe I should've used something else to describe these idiots.

    Anti-Constitutional is probably a better term....and PLEASE don't tell me they are abiding to it just because they sign a stupid petition, big deal.

    I can make a petition saying the following:

    "I wish to ignore the constitution and the political process to how we elect our president, my guy lost the election and I'm very angry, thus I wish to no longer be an American and I want my state to become it's own country because the constitution is stupid and if I don't get things my way then I don't want to play with you guys anymore"

    ^There, I just correctly paraphrased the secession petition.....I followed ONE part of the constitution while completely trashing it at the same time.
    how about the freedom of speech and expression you're telling them not to use?
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Yes, I understand what you believe, please tell me why telling everyone your beliefs AGAIN proves that I'm comparing apples to oranges.
    Your original post to me said the following:

    "When you talk about how great Europe is and can't wait until the USA is just like European countries and people tell you that you are unamerican and you should just move to Europe if you don't like it how it is here, you get mad don't you? Well you two are doing the exact same thing right now. Your inconsistency is ridiculous."


    It is different because when people say that I'm un-American for having a different political view than them is not the same as when I say they are un-American for them literally rejecting this country and wanting to no longer be an actual American.

    I'm not criticizing their political views, I'm criticizing the fact that they no longer wish to abide by our rules and they want secede from the Union. (Hypothetically speaking) if any state were to secede they would greatly harm this country.

    If you don't like our constitution and the way we elect our leaders, you do have a free choice to go and immigrate to another country. However wanting to stay and hurt this country from within (IMO) is un-American and Anti-American.
    Islam is the religion of peace.....what? Stop laughing!

    Remember, Christianity is the religion of love....ok, that one's a joke...

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    how about the freedom of speech and expression you're telling them not to use?
    I don't think I once said that they shouldn't be allowed to say any of the things they say.

    But if you're going to say that "I no longer wish to play by the rules", then you have branded yourself as being "Anti-rules"

    In this case the "rules" is our constitution, therefore....."Anti-Constitution".


    Again, let me go back to the sports analogy.

    let's say I lose a basketball game, this game has certain rules which both sides abide by. If I don't like the rules and throw a tantrum, it's rather silly to say that I'm still following said rules if I start to say I no longer wish to play basketball because I don't like the rules.

    I like it when the ball goes in the hoop, but I don't like it when my opponent makes his shots and I wish to make the rules to only benefit me.
    Islam is the religion of peace.....what? Stop laughing!

    Remember, Christianity is the religion of love....ok, that one's a joke...

  10. #110


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    You're telling them what they're doing is treasonous. That's telling them they can't say it.
    How they can possibly be within the law yet anti-constitutional is beyond me, perhaps you can explain that.

    In the end, you're doing them a favour by opposing it so hard. You're turning a statement into a full fledged issue. Good work.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •