Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And how is this not playing out as the constitution? There's a number to be reached to get an official response. That tells me this is a thought out, legal political process as defined by the constitution you claim to be upholding.
    Also, when you say "let them go" I don't think you're thinking things through. Trust me when I say I understand the sentiment. Look up "Quebec 1994 separation" to see what I mean. I thought the same thing but was very happy when they voted 51% to 49% to remain in Canada because I realized, even at age 10, that there would serious economic and social consequences that would reach the other end of the country where I was and still am. Texas alone has to be a MAJOR player in the American economy. Giving that up would send a ripple effect through remaining US and, if you think your economy looks bad now, you won't believe what it will likely look like if Texas and these other states were to leave.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

You are missing my point the election was done by the Constitution. Which most are wishing to push in the face of the Liberals and Dems.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You are missing my point the election was done by the Constitution. Which most are wishing to push in the face of the Liberals and Dems.

So? You're missing my point that this is all being done by the constitution. My other points were it won't happen anyway and if the tables were turned the same people would looking in opposite directions. Just for recap.

At the end of the day you can't call it unconstitutional or unAmerican if there are provisions for this in the American Constitution. Also, if you're going to continue thinking this way, that's fine, just don't start crying when someone tries to call your use of freedom of speech is unAmerican and unconstitutional.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I do admit that crying about the election is silly, it's a done deal, suck it up and move on.
    also the constitution does not say anything about secession, I believe this was already dealt with back in the 1860's

our best bet is to figure this out without letting it make the economy worse than it is, and cutting hours and closing business' won't help us at all

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I do admit that crying about the election is silly, it's a done deal, suck it up and move on.
    also the constitution does not say anything about secession, I believe this was already dealt with back in the 1860's

our best bet is to figure this out without letting it make the economy worse than it is, and cutting hours and closing business' won't help us at all

Do these petitions in any way go against the constitution? Is there a government process to them? Does that process have to abide by the constitution?

If they're acting within their rights, I see nothing unAmerican or unconstitutional about it. I agree with you guys that it's quite childish, but it's a right they are excersizing. There is nothing unAmerican about taking part in the political process.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do these petitions in any way go against the constitution? Is there a government process to them? Does that process have to abide by the constitution?

If they're acting within their rights, I see nothing unAmerican or unconstitutional about it. I agree with you guys that it's quite childish, but it's a right they are excersizing. There is nothing unAmerican about taking part in the political process.

I agree with you Wickabee, imo it's pointless and stupid to sign one of these but not unamerican.

Alex: When you talk about how great Europe is and can't wait until the USA is just like European countries and people tell you that you are unamerican and you should just move to Europe if you don't like it how it is here, you get mad don't you? Well you two are doing the exact same thing right now. Your inconsistency is ridiculous.
    Last edited by boba; 11-16-2012 at 07:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I agree with you Wickabee, imo it's pointless and stupid to sign one of these but not unamerican.

Alex and Madman: When you talk about how great Europe is and can't wait until the USA is just like European countries and people tell you that you are unamerican and you should just move to Europe if you don't like it how it is here, you get mad don't you? Well you two are doing the exact same thing right now. Your inconsistency is ridiculous.

dude you are calling em out you better have something to back it up

I have never once have said anything like that. Where I have i ever said that I wish we were more like Europe?
    I have held the same line period and NEVER wavered from that.

again you try and connect things that are not there! nice try but try again!

SCF Rewards
    Country

dude you are calling em out you better have something to back it up

I have never once have said anything like that. Where I have i ever said that I wish we were more like Europe?
    I have held the same line period and NEVER wavered from that.

again you try and connect things that are not there! nice try but try again!

Actually, you are right, I mainly meant Alex. I will edit my post.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alex is famous for saying he wants the US to be like Europe and then getting called unAmerican for it.
    His point does stand with you though. Don't complain when you use your freedom of speech and someone calls it unAmerican. Regardless of what you say.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex is famous for saying he wants the US to be like Europe and then getting called unAmerican for it.
    His point does stand with you though. Don't complain when you use your freedom of speech and someone calls it unAmerican. Regardless of what you say.

I'm not "that guy" haha, I've never called Alex unamerican or to move away. So I can complain when he calls these people unamerican.

And the point of my post is that he is doing the same as those who call him unamerican.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast