Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

In which case the government should tell them to to back and do it right. But why is there the 25,000 stipulation for an official response?

Well that is classic irony. The First Amendment allows citizens to petition any branch of the government. It does not clarify how, why , or when a branch must respond from my understanding. The Obama administration set up the rules of 25k in 30 days from my understanding.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Don't care who.set it up, just that it exists. If you say you can't petition for secession, you're taking away freedom of speech.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don't care who.set it up, just that it exists. If you say you can't petition for secession, you're taking away freedom of speech.

They can petition, just do it the legal way. It is like public space laws. People can protest with a permit. Or you might get arrested.

I,also, find it ironic that people are doing something that might be interpreted as illegal and not realize it.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

madman, you are more than likely right about that

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

madman, you are more than likely right about that

I know MADman fits me

But Call me Michael if you would

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

They can petition, just do it the legal way. It is like public space laws. People can protest with a permit. Or you might get arrested.

I,also, find it ironic that people are doing something that might be interpreted as illegal and not realize it.

Wouldn't what you described be more of a referendum than a petition though?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wouldn't what you described be more of a referendum than a petition though?

No it says petition on the site. If states are wanting to leave, they need to petition the other states or state that in any petition to the federal government. Do I think people will get arrested for this? No. Do I think they are opening themselves for possible arrest? Yes.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No it says petition on the site. If states are wanting to leave, they need to petition the other states or state that in any petition to the federal government. Do I think people will get arrested for this? No. Do I think they are opening themselves for possible arrest? Yes.

That system makes little sense.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That system makes little sense.

Yeah, I know. It is likely based on the Civil War. The North won,so the rules were set-up that way. The ruling by the Supreme Court was made relatively soon after the war ended. That is why I am saying it might change if brought uP to the courts again.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah, I know. It is likely based on the Civil War, the North won,so the rules were set-up that way. The ruling by the Supreme Court was made relatively soon after the war ended. That is why I am saying it might change if brought uP to the courts again.

Well maybe this is step one. I still don't see how it's as bad as some say it is.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast