Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bobbybruins's Items on eBay

Question about damaged cards.

My God, am I the only person on this board that people are trying to trade their damaged cards with. I must have five to ten trades in the last year thats gone bad. I'm tired of people telling me "I didn't notice it had a bent corner, what can I do to make it right?" MAYBE TELL THE TRUE RIGHT OUT OFF THE BAT. I see why I don't trade as much anymore. Too many people trying to trade their garbage.

Robert

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have had 7 of my last 30 trade with cards that were just not as satisfactory as subscribed. The amount of money that I've spent in shipping cards back is almost to the point of being unacceptable.

Of the 320 Trades that I have taken part in, at least 40 of them had cards that were corner-bashed, even a few that I missed.

It's to the point where I will not be trading unless all cards are scanned and full disclosure is made.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You can add another bad trade to my list. It's like the energy bunny. It keep coming.

I think from now, I will only trade with people that send first with a self address stamp envelop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

100% agree with you. This also happens to me sometimes and I'm sick and tired of this.
    How can they not notice a damage if they owned the card when I can notice any damages on a card in 2 seconds? This is ridiculous...
    I think it's really easy to spot creases around jersey windows and dinged corners... I can even see the damages through the top loaders sometimes....
    Those people just knew about the damage and just trade them and hope the person who receives the card doesn't care...
    Then they're like " oh I'll do my best to be fair to you............ oh a refund? sure pls send me back the card first......". Some of them will be honest, some of them won't be.
    And some of them even come with some excuses like if the card was damaged during the transportation, etc, and when you zoom in their scanned card, you see some lines on the damaged areas....

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is sad. So many bad trader out there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (10)
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See xelloss1012's Items on eBay

I have had even guys I know that are well-known okay traders that also sell stuff on ebay, but do not check their own cards carefully, especially the backs.

Some products seem to always have quality issues as well. Since starting, I have not gone through a single year without having to deal with UD QA at least a few times.

Also have to note, if you were to grade the average card coming out of packs, I would estimate most are BGS 7.5-8.5. This is usually due to very minor corner flaws or edge chipping. I know this due to sending some batches of cards to BGS grading a while back and what they look for.

I had found some surface indents will not show up even on a scanned pic or camera unless it's a high enough depth resolution (which is beyond a standard camera or scanner capability). Even a zoom will not find these on an image will not even find these. An initial scan of at least a 600% magnification (with a dpi higher than 300) at certain angles of light may capture them if you have the card on hand.

Another problem I have found are some soft sleeves are made with very bad indent defects (even on 130pt versions) that it can imprint into the card (especially on a soft OPC surface). I can at least 10-20% of sleeves tend to have bad flaws like that and more with light imperfections that will not be a problem unless used in a tight bundle.

There is the occasional trader or seller that does not know how to properly package cards for postal transport. The one card holding item that I despise seeing cards being sent in is the snap-case with rounded corners since most people that I have dealt with that use them never deaden or pad the open space to keep card(s) from shaking in them (which causes them to have corner damage). I received a 1/1 card earlier this year in one of these from an ebay seller with high feedback (with a dinged corner). Some reputed traders on here say they are safe if used properly and use them for patch cards. Personally, I would not believe that since there are too many inept packagers.

Some traders with a feedback of 50 could possibly have better packing techniques than some with 500+ feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally agree, alot of cards now a day come damaged before pack opening. When it all comes down to it, it's the honesty of your fellow trader. One should not have to ask if the card is mint or for a pic, thats automatic. Just plain old HONESTY should do the job, then all trades would be find. I'm getting worried about these sites, if someone wants to screw you around, they can get away with just about anything and there is nothing you can do about it. Now, THATS SAD.

[QUOTE=xelloss1012;12221229]I have had even guys I know that are well-known okay traders that also sell stuff on ebay, but do not check their own cards carefully, especially the backs.

Some products seem to always have quality issues as well. Since starting, I have not gone through a single year without having to deal with UD QA at least a few times.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (10)
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See xelloss1012's Items on eBay

At times, I have to evaluate what would be sufficient to be a flaw or too minor of a card imperfection in some cases to be concerned from stuff that I receive incoming on trades. I wish more traders note any fairly noticeable imperfections on their listings so it minimizes inquiries and potential trade reversals or exchanges for substitutions.

[QUOTE=bobbybruins;12222927]I totally agree, alot of cards now a day come damaged before pack opening. When it all comes down to it, it's the honesty of your fellow trader. One should not have to ask if the card is mint or for a pic, thats automatic. Just plain old HONESTY should do the job, then all trades would be find. I'm getting worried about these sites, if someone wants to screw you around, they can get away with just about anything and there is nothing you can do about it. Now, THATS SAD.

I have had even guys I know that are well-known okay traders that also sell stuff on ebay, but do not check their own cards carefully, especially the backs.