Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kaepernick Error No Auto legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Sp-Auth...item3f1edc29fa

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated...
    Is it real or do you think he actually removed an autograph in an attempt to make it more valuable?
    Would it really make it more valuable?

My guess is no and no. If I was him I would contact UD and try to get a replacement and maybe he did and they are sending him one with an auto so this is just free junk to him.
    Looking for Mizzou alumni: Kellen Winslow Sr., Danario Alexander, Brad Smith, Justin Smith, Brian Smith, Weatherspoon, Justin Gage, Maclin, Coffman, Rucker etc.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

With his 97.6 feedback score I would assume there is something shady going on,I would stay away from it.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Problem here is, they were signed on card, so he might have a point. Check out other auctions for this set. All autographs are on card, so there's no way he could have peeled off any stickers. Unless he removed the autograph by erasing it with something (unlikely, I'd say), maybe the card was never auto'd to start with.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

i remember in the past someone pulled a tarvaris jackson sp signatures auto and it wasnt auto'ed...the card was messed up so he signed it himself and put his own saying on it...not the first time that this has happened
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is also for trade
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Problem here is, they were signed on card, so he might have a point. Check out other auctions for this set. All autographs are on card, so there's no way he could have peeled off any stickers. Unless he removed the autograph by erasing it with something (unlikely, I'd say), maybe the card was never auto'd to start with.
    Actually, the SP Signature Threads autos were sticker autos, not on card. Someone could easily remove a sticker from the card to try to increase the value based on it being a rare "error"

Quote Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
    Actually, the SP Signature Threads autos were sticker autos, not on card. Someone could easily remove a sticker from the card to try to increase the value based on it being a rare "error"
    You sure? Check these out: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...=p5197.c0.m627

I can't find any of them where you can see that it's a sticker auto. They look on-card to me.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!

The reason I would think they were stickers is that the writing on most of them overlaps the jersey piece in the card.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    The reason I would think they were stickers is that the writing on most of them overlaps the jersey piece in the card.
    The front of the card is actually an acetate clear cover and the jersey piece is in the middle of the card.

The front of the card is actually an acetate clear cover and the jersey piece is in the middle of the card.
    Wow didn't know they made them that way,thanks for the information,I would think they are on card then,but that raises the issue that the ink would be easier to remove off of acetate than cardboard.

You may be right about that. The funny thing is the seller also has 2 other SP Authentic Kaepernicks for sale (SPA Patch Auto and SP Authentic Gold #/15) that are supposed to be autographed, but are also missing the autos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast