Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

My own short Expo story with scans :)

Unlike previous years, I hadn't intended on spending a lot of money at the Expo this year, and I was mostly going to shake some hands, see some old friends, meet some new ones, and enjoy the eye candy. However, having a vast want list, I couldn't turn down the chance to try and acquire some cards that you don't see too often. I opened up my want list, and in looking through everything, I didn't want to waste paper and print off 7-8 pages worth, knowing I'd probably only be focused on certain ones. I printed off the pages with some insert set killers I needed and a few cards from some of the other sets I've been chasing for a while, and I decided not to take my lists of YGs and SPA FW autos that I am in the hunt for, thinking I'd pick away at those at another time. Away I went!

I was happy to find a few of the insert set killers that I needed (not worth the scans, just a few hockey heroes really), and after that, my expo pickups look like this, ironically. :P

First, from a trade I made with my good buddy and SCF member scottkoz20:

So, mostly assorted FW autos from various years, and a nice Hechavarria auto RC, as I am a Blue Jays fan also.

And then, from various finds and sales, these are my other expo pickups:

The three cards on the top row all came from the same seller. I spotted the Bourdon and the price was good ($10) so I snagged that up. There were 4 Parkhurst Champions at the bottom of the display without prices on them, and at the time, the guy at the booth was just watching over things until the owner came back, and he didn't know how much he wanted for them. A gentleman walked up beside me and also inquired about the Parkhurst Champions autos and was told the same thing. While we waited for the owner to return, I asked him which ones he was interested in. There were 4 cards total, and as luck would have it, the two he had his eye on were not the two that I had mine on, so it was going to work out well for both of us in that sense. The owner came back and asked for $5 each. The other guy and I looked at each other and smiled, before walking away with two nice new hard signs each, having only dropped $10 total.
    The Kassian was found in a binder, and the price was right on it as well, so I grabbed it before walking a few tables over and also spotting the Lupul, which I've been wanting to acquire for a while now. The guy there had a stack of about 9 of them (Lupul SPA FW auto RCs) and let me go through them to take the one I liked best.

All in all, a modest but good expo. It's a good thing I decided not to look for any FW autos. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pickups there, buddy. I like that Mikkel Boedker Future Watch autograph.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country

Nice pick ups, I was the owner of the Bourdon and the Parkhurst autos hahahaha, glad my prices made you smile.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Your prices made me a happy camper, for sure. :) Thanks again!