Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

In my house we treat Christmas and Thanksgiving as "family" holidays. A time to eat, drink and be merry :)

Agreed. That's the way it should be. Also if I could ask are the NFL and NBA holiday games real popular in your household and your side of Canada?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

In my house we treat Christmas and Thanksgiving as "family" holidays. A time to eat, drink and be merry :)

And this is the best yet.A great time of year thanks habs

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Agreed. That's the way it should be. Also if I could ask are the NFL and NBA holiday games real popular in your household and your side of Canada?

Can't speak for the east but out here NFL yes, NBA no. That goes both for me and as a general consensus.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I am a CFL fan. I watch the odd NFL game during the season and usually tune in for at least one playoff game per weekend. My youngest daughter likes American College football more than anything else but watches the Alouettes (our team) each week. NFL is pretty popular outside of my house. I rarely watch the NBA and I don't think many other people in my area watch it either.
    Last edited by habsheaven; 11-14-2012 at 11:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^Hmm, I would've thought that Basketball was more popular in Canada than football...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

^Hmm, I would've thought that Basketball was more popular in Canada than football...

Based on what?
    I watch my (CFL) BC Lions religiously and keep tabs on the Seahawks, saints and, now that an old high school friend is playing for them, Eagles. While it's true Canada has an NBA team in Toronto, we have our own pro football league, not just an NFL franchise. It may only be 8 teams but Canada, as a general rule, takes its football very seriously. Basketball is growing but I'd venture a guess that football, both pro leagues and college, is really our number 2 sport of choice.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Based on what?
    I watch my (CFL) BC Lions religiously and keep tabs on the Seahawks, saints and, now that an old high school friend is playing for them, Eagles. While it's true Canada has an NBA team in Toronto, we have our own pro football league, not just an NFL franchise. It may only be 8 teams but Canada, as a general rule, takes its football very seriously. Basketball is growing but I'd venture a guess that football, both pro leagues and college, is really our number 2 sport of choice.

Well, I guess that makes sense.

I really didn't know TBH....It's part of my "American ignorance of other countries"....LOL!

I mean, I know you guys are CRAZY about Hockey (which BTW sucks that the NHL is still locked out) but I just assumed since you have an NBA team that basketball was more popular.

Then again, I did forget about the CFL, so that's my fault.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

We had 2 at one point. Basketball just doesn't have a major following up here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12