Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I feel the same as you. I hardly busted a pack or box last year except for 3 or 4 blasters of Topps Chrome. After busting several blasters without hitting an auto I finally hit one...Bilal Powell. That was it, didn't buy any more for the rest of the year.

This year I fell back into it a bit and bought several blasters of Platinum and Chrome. Usually I get away from it as soon as I feel like I am losing money. If I spend $20 on a blaster box and after busting it feel like I got maybe $5 cash value in cards, it kills my interest. I used to just buy singles off of eBay, but after a while even that got old because I literally felt like I was just collecting and not actually "doing" the hobby.

I am probably done for this year. Bought 3 blasters of Topps Chrome and did OK, but someone went into WalMart the other day and cleaned them out of blasters and rack packs and our local WalMart doesn't usually get more in after they are gone. So all that will be left for the rest of the year is a few boxes of Platinum, some Prime, Score and Topps. I won't buy any of that, so I am finished buying for a while.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

2. Wata Photo
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I feel the same as you. I hardly busted a pack or box last year except for 3 or 4 blasters of Topps Chrome. After busting several blasters without hitting an auto I finally hit one...Bilal Powell. That was it, didn't buy any more for the rest of the year.

This year I fell back into it a bit and bought several blasters of Platinum and Chrome. Usually I get away from it as soon as I feel like I am losing money. If I spend $20 on a blaster box and after busting it feel like I got maybe $5 cash value in cards, it kills my interest. I used to just buy singles off of eBay, but after a while even that got old because I literally felt like I was just collecting and not actually "doing" the hobby.

I am probably done for this year. Bought 3 blasters of Topps Chrome and did OK, but someone went into WalMart the other day and cleaned them out of blasters and rack packs and our local WalMart doesn't usually get more in after they are gone. So all that will be left for the rest of the year is a few boxes of Platinum, some Prime, Score and Topps. I won't buy any of that, so I am finished buying for a while.
    Get that Powell on ebay now. 2 Tds today, he'll be hot.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12