Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Any of us I meant to say

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

People do not know the total cost of healthcare until they are in the situation. People need emergency coverage at least. Also, I do not know any insurance that will pay for the above procedures except Medicare and Medicaid.

Cost-containing is extemely difficult when we have these technologies keeping people alive longer.

People need to decide what they want.

And yes not all people get into these situations from personal choice. Genetics play a part.

Why should it be your employer's responsibility to provide you with healthcare coverage? I agree that everyone needs it, but you should purchase it yourself or choose not to, if you don't want it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Since I have worked full time I have never had free health care Now what th
    what means is I have always paid a part if not ll of the costs...

And to me this is JUST GOOD BUSINESS!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Why should it be your employer's responsibility to provide you with healthcare coverage? I agree that everyone needs it, but you should purchase it yourself or choose not to, if you don't want it.

Because everyone ends up paying for people when they get sick. Part of cost containing would be making everyone get coverage. Prices will go down. Everyone gets sick, so everyone should get coverage. I really could care less who pays for it.

Ultimately, this not personal choice. It is a public safety issue. When other people can hurt me (in the check book or personally), they should be required to get insurance.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-19-2012 at 02:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

Because everyone ends up paying for people when they get sick. Part of cost containing would be making everyone get coverage. Prices will go down. Everyone gets sick, so everyone should get coverage. I really could care less who pays for it.

It wasn't always like this. Previously when you couldn't pay, you went to a charity hospital which provided free services. It wasn't until the government passed the laws that enforced permanent cost-shifting that healthcare costs exploded. And now they passed Obamacare to try and fix the problem they created, but so far it hasn't slowed down the rising costs of healthcare at all.

Government expenditures on Medicare/Medicaid keep growing. They've tried to squeeze providers by limiting the reimbursement rates for providers, but then the providers just turn around and get bigger margins on everyone else to compensate and healthcare costs continue to escalate.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

Ultimately, this not personal choice. It is a public safety issue. When other people can hurt me (in the check book or personally), they should be required to get insurance.

The high cost items that you REALLY need health insurance for are catastrophic health issues, like if you end up in a car wreck, or if you have a heart attack, not the run of the mill contagious diseases that you can go to the doctor and get a prescription or a shot to treat. This is not a public safety issue. Are you honestly afraid that you are going to catch a disease because someone out there is uninsured? Insurance shouldn't cover those low-cost types of items anyway, in my opinion. It used to not be that way. How expensive would your car insurance be if it paid for new tires, brakes and oil changes?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The high cost items that you REALLY need health insurance for are catastrophic health issues, like if you end up in a car wreck, or if you have a heart attack, not the run of the mill contagious diseases that you can go to the doctor and get a prescription or a shot to treat. This is not a public safety issue. Are you honestly afraid that you are going to catch a disease because someone out there is uninsured? Insurance shouldn't cover those low-cost types of items anyway, in my opinion. It used to not be that way. How expensive would your car insurance be if it paid for new tires, brakes and oil changes?

What ever happen to convent thy brother?
    Oh wait it is all fine until it costs money!
    You and the Republicans care for one thing the BOTTOM LINE!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

What ever happen to convent thy brother?
    Oh wait it is all fine until it costs money!
    You and the Republicans care for one thing the BOTTOM LINE!

Nonsense. That is not a directive to the state. It is a directive to the individual.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nonsense. That is not a directive to the state. It is a directive to the individual.

You just dont get it...and frankly you cant sell your view

You dont get it because you have NEVER been there...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast