Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

In this economy, people can't switch jobs, but can expect health care working at a Papa Johns (just using that as the example based on the thread)? But the economy is in such bad shape, you just said as much essentially, right?

Actually Dan that is incorrect. In my filed that is happening. People jump from job to job. But in 90% of those jibs HEALTH CARE IS ALREADY a benefit

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so we should raise taxes and expect them to keep the same amount of employees?

I am unsure who has what kind of business experience, but most who posted here would not have a business that lasted longer than a year or two.

comparing advertising costs to benefits costs, show people know little about how a business runs.

veggie, little caesars use to give two pizza's for the price of one, now you get one small one with one topping for $5

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Comparing advertising costs to health care costs is ridiculous. They both have benefits to the business itself, but advertising is far more expensive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

but is needed or you will not retain or gain business, no two ways about that.
    i do agree it is crazy costs, so perhaps we can get cable and local channels to drop prices on add insertion and then free some money up for benefits?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Yes. We should give money to business owners and just trust them to hire people even though there is no extra business because no one has any money except them. Imagine giving health care to employees so they can be more productive and not go bankrupt when they get sick or injured. Imagine putting some extra money in the pockets of people and the peace of mind to spend it. And then expecting business owners to hire simply because there is more business. Unimaginable!

To lay people off and then blame it on Obama is just another partisan play by Republican supporters.

wick, where does all of this extra money come from? the money tree?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

but is needed or you will not retain or gain business, no two ways about that.
    i do agree it is crazy costs, so perhaps we can get cable and local channels to drop prices on add insertion and then free some money up for benefits?

and then they can just jack up their fees to cover the revenue reduction (and their insurance as well). obviously, the consumer and the taxpayer bear the ultimate financial burden of all of these new rules.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well in the case of corporate welfare, also known as Republican policy, it comes in the form of extra tax cuts for the wealthy and corporate communities. They, in turn are supposed to start hiring people for no reason other than more money in their pockets. Smart businessmen don't hire unnecessarily just because they have extra money. They hire when there is a necessity in the form of more business. In order to have more business more people need more jobs. That's where trickle down fails.
    Instead we're giving people health care so they don't go broke paying to get treated for minor things. That's extra money. Knowing they won't go broke if something major happens means peace of mind, which equals spending which equals more business which equals more hiring which equals even more spending which equals more profits. I feel like I've been over this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes. I do live in a world where paying for healthy employees is a better business investment than giving away your product for free. Call me crazy.

I'm crazy too!

I believe a good employee is a happy employee.

Man, this "liberal utopia" sure is an upside down world!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just LOVE IT when Stewart (a comedian) can absolutely DESTROY the other side with REAL facts.

In the End it's Fox News that looks like the comedy show.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast