Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

YOu are correct...like Wal Mart he side steps the law
    Finds the means to work around it...

and you ask that question?
    For the lack of abetter word he is GREEDY!

and in this Case GREED ISNT GOOD!

If he was a REAL Business man...

He would find the ways and means to be able to cover his employees. and still make a nice profit. But his Politics and yes GREED get in the way. This could have been a huge positive for him and his company...but he did he chose? And Brandon I call the way i see it and it is plain GREED!

Do you know the extent of his philanthropic efforts?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Wrong. No one is qualified to put a number on greed, there for, greed does not exist.

That's not what I said, nor what I implied. When you call this man greedy, you are measuring his heart without even knowing the extent of the good he does. You judge him based on how he has expressed his views on one thing.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's not what I said, nor what I implied. When you call this man greedy, you are measuring his heart without even knowing the extent of the good he does. You judge him based on how he has expressed his views on one thing.

That one thing is the health and well being of his own employees. Take $12million out of advertising and shut up, John.
    I won't even get into the fact that we're talking about his greed relative to this, nothing else. Don't get emotional.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 11-16-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: meant to type "shut" not...you know what, never mind.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Do you know the extent of his philanthropic efforts?

Stop trying to muddy the water Deflection will not divert from this point and case.

I actually think he a is a bad business person. I think he owes it to his Company and his employees to yes build his business and find the very best for those employees and yes aid to their quality of life. We are not asking him to buy their a meal on shift-which is required in some states. We are not forcing to add air bags and make sure all his drivers use their seat belts!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

DAMN STRAIGHT I am! I think this is a a very best case of this man...Plain and simple!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Right like it's just sooo easy to pick up and switch jobs in this economy.

HMMMM bad economy???

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And why is that?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There is a huge amount of people moving company to company...
    One aspect I have run into in my field and open positions.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

So do most people have the money for this procedure?

For patients not covered by insurance, a pacemaker and heart-assist implant can cost $19,000 -$96,000 or more, depending on the type of pacemaker, the location and length of the hospital stay. For example, the Healthcare Bluebook estimates a total price of $19,651 for patients in the Columbus, OH, area, including placement of the pacemaker, surgery, anesthesia and a five-day hospital stay. HealthGrades.com estimates an average list price of $28,348 for the implant and procedure for patients in the western United States. Wisconsin PricePoint, a subsidiary of the Wisconsin Hospital Association that collects healthcare price data, estimates the average costs of a defibrillator and heart assist implant in that state are about $96,000. Pacemakers may be covered by Medicare or private health insurance. For patients with Medicare, the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire estimates an out-of-pocket cost of $2,604, including deductibles and coinsurance. Patients with private insurance could expect to pay about $4,400

http://health.costhelper.com/pacemaker.html
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-16-2012 at 11:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Or this?
    http://health.costhelper.com/dialysis.html

Typical costs:
    • Dialysis is covered by health insurance. For patients covered by health insurance, out-of-pocket costs typically include the deductible, and coinsurance for the treatment cost. For example, with Medicare, a patient, once the deductible of about $150 is met, typically would pay coinsurance of 20%; but many Medicare patients also have secondary insurance to cover all or part of that cost. A study published in Health Affairs showed that the average U.S. patient pays $114 for dialysis-related drug costs and about $10 in dialysis costs per month.
    • For patients not covered by health insurance, a single hemodialysis treatment typically costs up to $500 or more -- or, about $72,000 or more per year for the typical three treatments per week. Injectable medications and vitamins can add hundreds of dollars to the cost, depending on what is prescribed. For example, DaVita, which has many dialysis centers across the United States, charges about $480 for a dialysis treatment, not including medications. A dialysis center in Ohio quotes a rate of more than $1,400 but will negotiate with self-pay patients.
    • An emergency, unscheduled dialysis treatment at a hospital can cost much more; for example, Baptist Memorial Health Care in Memphis charges about $9,900 for a single treatment. For peritoneal dialysis, the main costs consist of medical supplies to perform the procedure at home -- so it is slightly less expensive than hemodialysis. According to the U.S. Renal Data System, one year of hemodialysis can total $72,000; a year of peritoneal dialysis can cost about $53,000.
    • Most patients with end-stage renal disease are eligible for Medicare; however, there typically is a waiting period of up to four months before coverage starts (or, if the patient is insured through an employer group health plan, that plan will be the primary payer for 30 months). Medicare.gov has information on Medicare and end-stage renal disease. Medicare Part B, which is necessary to get dialysis benefits, costs more than $100 per month.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast