Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2013 NHL draft rankings

Welcome to the first installment of my rankings for the 2013 NHL draft. We’re going to post these quarterly and you can expect a lot of variance as the season goes on because this is a stacked year. One NHL talent exec told me it’s the deepest draft he’s seen in nearly a decade. One final note – because the prep/high school systems have yet to begin their regular campaigns, a few players were not considered for the list. Tyler Hill and Connor Hurley are the most prominent in that situation and could be first-rounders next time out.

1. Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax

One of the top scorers in the Quebec League, MacKinnon brings explosive speed and offensive creativity to the best squad in the country right now. He’s strong on his skates and has a bit of an edge to his game, which only makes him more tantalizing.

2. Seth Jones, D, Portland

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20121115

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this "who will be the number one?" thing is bogus this year, it's just done to create the buzz. There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that Jones goes before MacKinnon. None. Zero. The draft is decided, thanks for coming out.