Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Super Ticked!!!! Pack Searcher Rant

4 am Thursday morning, just got out of work after a 10 hr shift. Stop at the 24 hr Walmart to buy some medicine to battle this cold. Grab a mix box of baseball cards. 20 packs for $20. I don't expect much from these boxes, but it fun to rip and sometimes I've even pulled Jerseys / Autos.

Get home, only to discover that EVERY pack in the box has been opened searched and repacked. They used USPS Express Mail stickers to reseal the packs. Even the ones glued to the cardboard backing had the tops cut open. A pack of UD X was filled with Topps cards... A Goudey pack had UD First Pitch in it...the worst was a white Topps pack reading "One Exclusive Patch Card Inside!". This pack contained a blank decoy card with "HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! Sucker!!!" written on it. And, yes, the box was sealed in shrinkwrap, but you can buy that stuff at any craft store.

Attachment 66789

Now I'm not a violent man, but I want to find the punk who did this and pummel him about the head and shoulders! Who knows what I missed out on. Worst of all, I got no packs to open!!!!

I called the store and they will refund my money. Of course, it is now 5 am and I refuse to drive back to the store tonight. Will hav to wait till afternoon.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 11-15-2012 at 06:03 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

WOW!!! Just WOW.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I should ineed be mad if this has happened with me...
    The written decoy card is just brutal and almost too good to be true but there are many a**holes outhere who don't hesitate to doing this!

SCF Rewards
    Country

wouldn't the store have a record of who returned a particular product? Could help narrow down a habitual pack searcher & pummel him in the nuts
    Hidden Content cmb=cook more bacon Hidden Content
    I collect Theo Fleury, Lyle Odelein, Gary Roberts & Dave Manson

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The thick decoy card with the words "Ha, Ha, Ha Sucker" is simply brilliant.

Sorry that you are out the money though. Take the cards back with your receipt and show the Walmart Manager.

They will cheerfully refund your money
    Last edited by centrehice; 11-15-2012 at 01:04 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go and pummel him man. Let me know the result.

Don't get mad, get even and beyond.

4 am Thursday morning, just got out of work after a 10 hr shift. Stop at the 24 hr Walmart to buy some medicine to battle this cold. Grab a mix box of baseball cards. 20 packs for $20. I don't expect much from these boxes, but it fun to rip and sometimes I've even pulled Jerseys / Autos.

Get home, only to discover that EVERY pack in the box has been opened searched and repacked. They used USPS Express Mail stickers to reseal the packs. Even the ones glued to the cardboard backing had the tops cut open. A pack of UD X was filled with Topps cards... A Goudey pack had UD First Pitch in it...the worst was a white Topps pack reading "One Exclusive Patch Card Inside!". This pack contained a blank decoy card with "HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! Sucker!!!" written on it. And, yes, the box was sealed in shrinkwrap, but you can buy that stuff at any craft store.

Attachment 66789

Now I'm not a violent man, but I want to find the punk who did this and pummel him about the head and shoulders! Who knows what I missed out on. Worst of all, I got no packs to open!!!!

I called the store and they will refund my money. Of course, it is now 5 am and I refuse to drive back to the store tonight. Will hav to wait till afternoon.

I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

A couple of comments here. I have known people that have worked Walmart security and simply put a lot of them don't care about what goes on in the store. Problem #1. Problem #2 is that the security staff doesn't work there everyday of the week so the chances are that that's when this culprit did what he did and the other workers don't care, can't do anything about. Problem #3 walmart's policies with returning materials is not as lenient as it used to be. It used to be in the past you didn't even need a receipt to return materials and chances are this pack searcher knew about this and believed that you wouldn't return the packs back. Lastly, why would this pack searcher search such low end stuff and go through all the trouble of doing what he did? It is really troubling to me the things people do in the hobby just to make a quick buck and what kind of card can you get from these packs? A $2 card if you're lucky? Mind boggling really.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Went back today and they did return my money, after several minutes of pushing hard for an exchange. I said I had no confidence the others would not have been searched as well. They offered to let me open the box in the store to be sure. I said no thanks and took my money back.

I did ask about possible security tape of someone swapping boxes, or receipt records of a return. The manager was brutally honest and said it would cost them more than $20 to investigate and prosecute, IF they were even able to determine who did it. In short, it was not worth throwing more money at the problem.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Money back heals most wounds. Glad that they did the right thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Walmart also buys in Bulk along with other stores they sometimes have the same crap that my distributors always try to peddle for cheap. ie.) boxes that do not have the manufacturers seals on the shrink wrap which have obviously been opened and repackaged.

Also Walmart still takes back stuff without receipts in Ajax & Oshawa Ont. I know I just returned stuff today.