Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mike Richards, Andrew Ladd organized impromptu Winnipeg street hockey game

The call was put out on Twitter Tuesday morning, and they came and played.

Choosing, for now, to stay in North America and not venture to Europe to play during the lockout, Mike Richards of the Los Angeles Kings sent a message to his 114,000-plus followers that he was going to be on top of a parking garage at The Forks in Winnipeg if anyone was interested in joining him for a street hockey game.

Like Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust did last month outside of Bell Centre, Richards, who was joined by Mark Stuart, Jim Slater and Andrew Ladd of the Winnipeg Jets, ended up on the losing side of the game, 5-3, but the event provided a way for the players to connect -- again -- with fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8341--nhl.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

My legitimate question is this... given his reputation, I want to know how many of Mike Richards' 114,000 followers are 17-year old girls he's tried to pickup at the bar?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

What was I thinking when I posted that? That's not very cool...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The real story here is Mike Keane, whose charity hockey game/event here in WPG is so well respected it has drawn some big hitters like Coffey, Bourque, Lindros, Lanny, Wendel,Weber, Trottier, Cujo, Secord, Billy Smith etc etc...pretty darn cool!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The real story here is Mike Keane, whose charity hockey game/event here in WPG is so well respected it has drawn some big hitters like Coffey, Bourque, Lindros, Lanny, Wendel,Weber, Trottier, Cujo, Secord, Billy Smith etc etc...pretty darn cool!!

In the future if u know about them let us know. If I was local would love to go to something like that.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

What was I thinking when I posted that? That's not very cool...

Maybe not, but it was funny...given his reputation, it's not an unfair question.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I imagine it would be a test to not be that way as a famous 18 year old...suppose instant success could get complicated very quickly if your not very "disciplined"...I heard a story about Gretzky, that he would Not allow himself to be alone in an elevator with an unknown woman...O-o

SCF Rewards
    Country

I imagine it would be a test to not be that way as a famous 18 year old...suppose instant success could get complicated very quickly if your not very "disciplined"...I heard a story about Gretzky, that he would Not allow himself to be alone in an elevator with an unknown woman...O-o

I think this is an excellent point. If I had any kind of fame at a young age, I can only imagine the trouble I would have found. I cut people a lot of slack, especially younger kids, because I remember what I was like at that age.