Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr007man's Items on eBay

Virgil Trucks HOF Petition

So, with the recent news that Virgil Trucks may likely be done with signing due to his health, I thought it would be a nice gesture to start a petition to have him inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame. He's stated before that it was a life long dream of his, and what better way can we show our appreciation than trying to help him with that.

PLEASE, this is not a thread for arguing his numbers or whether or not he deserves the HOF. More than likely, this will never reach the commisioner's desk...but I think it's the least we can do for a man who has been so great to our hobby over the last couple of decades.

Mr. Trucks is a WS champion, the owner of 2 no-hitters, a 2x All Star and most importantly...a WWII Veteran!

He's among the last of a dying breed of former baseball greats who goes above and beyond for his fans. I sent him a request once asking him 3 questions and he wrote me back a 3 page letter talking about his playing days...as most will attest, he has always been quick and more than willing to sign anything you send him...most of the time for free and usually sending back a signed item of his own.

So, if you can, please take a moment to sign this petition for Mr Trucks and show the man how much we care about him!

https://www.change.org/petitions/bud...l-hall-of-fame

Feel free to repost on other sites, tweet the link...whatever you'd like to get this out there!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump! Just hit the 250 signature mark. Thanks to those of you who have signed it so far. If you haven't, please take a second to do so. So far, his daughters and son have signed it along with former teammate Jim Rivera. His daughter sent me a message saying that she's printing out all of the nice comments and showing her dad...means a lot to him and the family! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Thanks,
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump for the New Year!